As a VP of Product Management at Root, your leadership will support an exceptionally talented team of product directors, managers, and analysts in achieving Root’s product vision. You will have the opportunity to build and scale revolutionary products from scratch. We know that much of our progress is due to framing our Product function as a critical key to success instead of an afterthought. At Root, you’ll have the agency to build and launch products that delight users - a word seldom used in reference to the insurance-buying experience. You’ll leverage data, the talent and insights of your product team, and your peers in Design and Engineering to hone in on how to best create and iterate on that experience. You’ll be responsible for product performance, the growth and success of your product management team, the development of product roadmaps, and the execution of groundbreaking strategic initiatives.
What you'll do.
- Scale a rapidly growing product organization within a high growth start-up
- Collaborate with peers to set the strategic direction for product
- Lead product team to build, own, and execute the product roadmap, ensuring alignment with strategic initiatives, set KPIs, and hitting goals
- Partner with the executive team to achieve organizational alignment on key product efforts
- Identify process and organizational bottlenecks and leverage these opportunities to constantly improve efficiency
- Be an expert on industry trends and competitor efforts and leverage that expertise to drive product innovation and capture market opportunities
- Work cross-functionally with engineering and design to develop and continually innovate product strategy
- Leverage data from various sources to holistically understand and relentlessly improve product performance
- Recruit, grow, and develop a team of exceptionally talented Product Directors and Product Managers
What we're looking for.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or another quantitative field
- 12+ years of business/professional experience; 8+ years combined product and/or engineering leadership experience
- Proven track record of driving teams to results while navigating a fast-changing environment within a rapidly scaling company
- Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to motivate, support, and influence with and without direct authority
- Product domain expertise spanning the customer discovery, planning, and product development process; deep understanding of customer-centric product practices; ability to mentor and develop expertise in others
- Strong technology background, including an understanding of technical capabilities on mobile and web platforms.
- Exemplary problem-solving skills and ability to navigate ambiguity while thinking strategically and innovatively
- Roll-up-the-sleeves work ethic and “do-what-it-takes” attitude to efficiently execute and drive for results in a fast-paced work environment
Help by Sharing
Share this job with friends and family
Tip: Paste this link anywhere