AutoPets, the inventor, manufacturer, and retailer of the Litter-Robot, Feeder-Robot, and Litterbox.com is an international leader in developing highly functional pet products that make pet care easier and more enjoyable. Launched in 2000 by founder and President Brad Baxter, the Litter-Robot is the highest-rated automatic, self-cleaning litter box on the market. AutoPets is based in Auburn Hills, Michigan and Juneau, Wisconsin, with 200+ passionate employees who are dedicated to improving the future of pet care. If we sound like a team you’re interested in joining, keep reading!
If you’re passionate about SEO and want to work in-house for a fast-growing, ecommerce pet care company that has an appreciation for all things SEO, you’ve found your next career move!
The SEO lead will play a pivotal role in owning AutoPets’ SEO strategy across its 3 primary ecommerce sites and work alongside our growing performance group to further develop our in-house SEO practices and team. With traffic acquisition and optimization being a top priority, and our President having a passion for all things SEO, you will have the support needed to make SEO an even larger part of our performance strategy.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter and effective problem-solver with proven experience working across an organization to get things done. They will be adept at technical SEO and strategy to make the largest business impact and drive prioritization towards results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as deemed necessary.
- Technical SEO: Own technical SEO for all company websites. Candidate will be responsible for onsite technical SEO strategy and will partner with our internal development team to implement and oversee all technical SEO initiatives.
- Onsite SEO Strategy: Identify opportunities for traffic growth across core areas of litter-robot.com and litterbox.com, such as site infrastructure, keyword selection, on-page factors, and scalable content.
- SEO Roadmap: Build and prioritize the SEO roadmap based on estimated opportunity, level of effort, and risk to help Litter-Robot acquire new customers through organic search.
- Keyword Strategy: Track and report on top keywords, monthly changes, and opportunities for growth. Working alongside our performance team, this candidate will use paid insights to help inform organic keyword opportunities.
- Content Strategy: Candidate will work closely with our content team to design an ongoing content strategy that best aligns with the SEO lead’s goals.
- SEO A/B tests: Consistently run A/B tests through a testing platform to ensure onsite changes made for SEO positively impact traffic, revenue, and other KPIs.
- SEO Gatekeeper: Act as the internal gatekeeper for all things SEO: Whether we are making content changes, creating new landing pages, publishing new blog posts, or working on cross-platform social strategies, the SEO lead will be responsible for every marketing change that could impact SEO and will have their hands in many different types of projects.
Requirements & Qualifications
- BA degree in Marketing or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience in SEO roles with increasing responsibilities
- Experience with tools such as SEMrush, Ahrefs, Bright Edge, Conductor
- Understanding of how development changes affect SEO performance; understanding of how HTML, CSS, and other web languages affect SEO
- Data-driven, analytical mindset with tactical experience driving projects to completion
- Strong mathematical, analytical, and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Passion and curiosity
- Understanding of page speed monitoring and optimization
- You’ve built, and even broken, your own website (even a simple WordPress website)
Not Required but nice to have!
- Background in analytics or coding
Help by Sharing
Share this job with friends and family
Tip: Paste this link anywhere