Guideline is looking for a Technical Product Manager, Platform to join the Product team.
WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING ON
Guideline aims to give everyone a better future by making it easy (and enjoyable!) to save for retirement. We’re disrupting an industry that hasn’t seen innovation in over 40 years—an industry that’s left small businesses and a changing workforce behind. The PM team works cross-functionally to build user-facing and internal products that delight our customers and help us realize our mission of creating a retirement Americans can look forward to.
The Technical Product Manager, Platform will partner with our platform team to build solutions that enable all of our products and helps us to deliver a best in class retirement experience. This role is critical to the growth of the company as we look to efficiently service all of our customers as we scale.
- Define the strategy and deliver the roadmap for the core recordkeeping system that powers our 401(k) and additional retirement offerings
- Own the vision for next generation recordkeeping products and drive the implementation with the team
- Be a partner to engineering leadership to help inform how we think about system architecture and be a voice in the development of our next generation infrastructure.
- Lead a cross functional team of engineers and other internal partners to identity areas of opportunity where our platform can be changed to solve meaningful customer problems
- Work with the customer operations and the compliance team to identify root cause issues and then translate technical implementation details to the broader team
- Ensure seamless launches of major features for our 25,000+ clients and ensure that we’re supporting the technical needs of all other teams for their feature development
- Be the voice for the recordkeeping team across the organization, ensuring that other groups understand what the team is building and the impact it will have
- Document decisions to allow for broader company learning and iteration opportunities
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years experience in Product Management or Engineering
- Demonstrated success in working with a cross-functional team to deliver technical products
- Experience working with APIs and backend technical products
- Excellent problem solving skills and an ability to apply rigorous analytical thinking to ambiguous business problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to make technical details understandable to a non-technical audience
- Strong desire to work cross-functionally, partnering with stakeholders across the company
- Proficiency in SQL and data analytics
- Background in fintech, regtech, or HR-tech a plus
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field a plus
MORE ABOUT GUIDELINE
At Guideline, we're helping people save for a better future. In an industry full of complicated pricing and excessive fees, we offer affordable 401(k) plans with no transaction fees. With over 25,000 clients and 5 billion dollars in assets under management, in just a few years of operations, we're well on our way to making smart retirement planning easy for everyone.
We have raised $344M to date with top-tier investors, including our most recent $200 million dollar Series E round with General Atlantic.
- Competitive Salary + Equity in the Company
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- 401(k) Matching
- 100% coverage of Health / Vision / Dental
- Generous parental leave policy
Guideline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.