Designs and develops distributed software applications with attention to quality. Performs coding, debugging, testing, and troubleshooting throughout the application development process. Works as an efficient team member on a Scrum team. A specialist in complex technical and business matters. Work is highly independent. May assume a team lead role for the workgroup. Generally has 5-7 or more years of related experience.
- Front-end Requirements
- 3+ years of experience with web application development
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with React.js frameworks such as Gatsby and Next,js
- Experience with popular React.js workflows such as Redux and MobX
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs (Bonus: Understanding of GraphQL)
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Proficient at CSS, and cross-browser cross-device layout skills and knowledge
- 3+ years of experience with Node.js
- Full-stack development - the candidate should be proficient up and down the stack, with deep knowledge and experience in at least one domain. Knowledge of relational database management systems is required.
- Distributed systems - the candidate should have a deep understanding of API design, including versioning, isolation, and microservices. We’re looking for experience with API security using OAuth2, JWT, etc., knowledge of API gateways, experience in documenting APIs leveraging an API documentation framework, knowledge of developing highly scalable distributed systems using Open-source technologies.
- Quality and testing - the candidate should be passionate about producing high-quality work; accustomed to writing tests up and down the test pyramid; using TDD (Test Driven Development); have working knowledge of testing frameworks like Junit, Mockito, Spring Test.
- Teamwork - the candidate should be a team player, used to working in a fast-paced collaborative environment, pair programming. The candidate should understand the Scrum development and testing cycle.
- CI/CD - the candidate should have experience with GIT, Continuous Integration, and Delivery tools like Maven, Jenkins, and Docker/Kubernetes. We’re also looking for experience with AWS product offerings (e.g., EC2, VPCs, Lambda, API Gateway, etc.), experience with Kubernetes (AWS-EKS a plus), familiarity with Linux commands and shell scripting.
Process and tools
Agile, Scrum, Jira
- Ideally, the candidate will have experience working as a team member in a large-scale enterprise environment, understand and appreciate the structure and process around planning and delivering value to the customers. They would have seen what scale means, from the headcount/number of teams perspective to the volume of incoming requests or transactions, as well as various data flows and integrations.
- Experience working on consumer-oriented web applications is a plus.
Who are we?
Fund That Flip is one of the fastest-growing real estate fintech companies in the U.S., with revenue and staff growth of almost 300% since 2018. We launched in 2014 out of frustration with the status quo of slow, unreliable capital and gate-keeping into investment deals. Since then, we’ve grown into an end-to-end financial technology platform that helps entrepreneurs and investors generate wealth and make an impact in their own communities across the country.
As of April 2022, we’ve originated more than $1.5 billion in funding with 99.6% of principal returned to investors, and more than 93% of our borrowers come back to fund their next deals! And we’re still challenging tradition with fast funding, unparalleled transparency, and personal service to help real estate entrepreneurs transform their neighborhoods and communities.
Why work for us?
At Fund That Flip, we value transparency, hard work, and results. We support personal and professional growth with an entrepreneurial, tech-loving, creative, and solution-focused culture that rewards employees that push the bar higher for themselves and our company.
Our team members can be remote, hybrid, or in-person at one of our offices in Cleveland, OH, or New York, NY.
Glassdoor says Fund That Flip is a great place to work, and we’re proud to have earned some awards backing that up, including:
- Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Company 2019, 2020, 2021
- Smart Culture Award 2018, 2022
- Business Insider Fintech Startups to Watch 2020
- GCP Best of Tech Awards Finalist 2021
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500 2020
- NorthCoast 99 Best Place to Work 2019
Plus, these awesome benefits:
- Equity stock options for each and every team member
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Mental Health Benefit offerings including FSA or HSA enrollment eligibility on day 1.
- Flexible time off
- Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Quarterly and yearly bonus potential based on company performance
- Self-defined career growth in individual contributor and management pathways