KLA is a global leader in diversified electronics for the semiconductor manufacturing ecosystem. Virtually every electronic device in the world is produced using our technologies. No laptop, smartphone, wearable device, voice-controlled gadget, flexible screen, VR device or smart car would have made it into your hands without us. KLA invents systems and solutions for the manufacturing of wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. The innovative ideas and devices that are advancing humanity all begin with inspiration, research and development. KLA focuses more than average on innovation and in 2019 we invested 15% of sales back into R&D. Our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers work together with the world’s leading technology providers to accelerate the delivery of tomorrow’s electronic devices. Life here is exciting and our teams thrive on tackling really hard problems. There is never a dull moment with us.Group/Division
The Global Service Support Organization (GSS) team headquartered in Milpitas, CA is our service organization that consists of Service Sales and Marketing, Spares Supply Chain management, Field Operations, Engineering, Product Training, and Technical Support. The GSS organization partners with our field teams and customers in all business sectors to maintain the high performance and productivity of our products through a flexible portfolio of services. Our comprehensive services include: proactive management of tools to identify and improve performance; expertise in optics, image processing and motion control with worldwide service engineers, 24/7 technical support teams and knowledge management systems; and an extensive parts network to ensure worldwide availability of parts.KLA Ann Arbor Spares Operations team seeks an organized professional for the role of spares product planner to own the spare parts planning during the product life cycle for their product lines. This person will functionally support the service organization and one or more product families. The planner will work closely with Sales/Marketing, procurement and engineering to track installed base growth, manage global inventory plans and levels, and the overall spares business for their product line. The product planner will also be looking for ways to optimize the spares stocking strategy and be working with the supply chain team and manufacturing to identify opportunities for inventory reductions while maintaining customer satisfaction.
The role of Product Planner will entail working on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Oversee spares plan for assigned product lines to ensure right spares inventory for current, mature, and new products, are positioned at the right place and time, to support KLA customers.
- Works closely with new product introduction leaders; supply chain and procurement, for assigned products to ensure right spares inventory strategies/plans to support KLA new products customers’ support strategies.
- Uses spare demand planning and forecasting methodologies, and trend/variance root cause analysis to determine corrective actions and improvements.
- Monitors and reports out metrics and KPIs such as fill rate performance vs. field rate targets and planned inventory vs actual inventory to identify opportunities of increased agility while reducing total inventory and cost of service; uses what-if scenario tools to facilitate fast decision making.
- Partners with supply planning analytics and procurements and makes supply chain solutions recommendations and strategic/tactical plans based on business data, commodity, and product knowledge.
- Maintains strong communication path with PSO (Product Support Organization) ensuring cross functional knowledge transfer allowing to execute and drive best support plan for global customers.
- Ensure that established fill rate performance targets and inventory or service commitments are incorporated into the global spares plan.
- Manage and/or participate in cross-functional projects that impact current and future fill rate performance.
- Partner with supply planning team and procurement to design supply chain solutions recommendations and strategic/tactical plans based on business data, commodity, and product knowledge; presents proposals and recommendations to senior management and leaders; tracks and ensures implementation and execution.
- Supports and participates as required in projects, partnering with advance analytics team to develop data sets and sophisticated reports, dashboard with multiple and different analytics view; dill-down options; dynamic pivot tables and charts, to facilitate fast and effective supply chain and business decision making
- Occasional domestic and/or international travel may be required
- 8+ years of experience in supply chain operations and supply chain improvements in complex manufacturing environment; strong preference for experience in semiconductor equipment industry or other complex, high-mix, low-volume products
- Experience with multiple aspects of advanced supply chain operations, including:
- Supply and demand management effectiveness (upturn and downturns)
- Achieving cost reductions
- Process oriented with proven experience turning big data into meaningful analyses that lead to actionable results for supply chain operations
- Strong data and analytical skills and track record for creating processes to improve business performance
- Ability to effectively deal with ambiguity, identify gaps, and implement innovative solutions to increase operational efficiency
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Lead thru curiosity and continuous improvements
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- High proficiency in MS Excel; MS Access, Data Base
- Background in statistics and probability is a plus
- Experience with Tableau, Power BI or other business intelligence/analytical tools/services is a plus
- Experience with SAP ERP system and HANA is a plus
- Should enjoy a challenging and fast paced environment.
- Self-driven, independent, yet a strong team player.
- Creative, innovative, and resourceful with a passion for speed, agility, simplification, and proactive action
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is required where permitted by law. KLA will consider reasonable accommodation as provided by applicable law. Please note that accommodation may not be possible where vaccination is required for an essential function of the position, including for international travel or customer site access.
The company offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to the following: medical, dental, vision, life, and other voluntary benefits, 401(K) including company matching, employee stock purchase program (ESPP), student debt assistance, tuition reimbursement program, financial planning benefits, employee assistance program (EAP), paid time off and paid company holidays, family care and bonding leave.
KLA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.