As an engineer you will:
- Continue to architect the infrastructure of Tandem's mobile and web applications
- Build and grow software from MVP to a fully functioning product
- Develop user-facing features using React and React Native
- Develop RESTful APIs using the Django REST framework
- Integrate with third-party APIs and libraries, including Twilio, Plaid, Stripe, and Google Cloud Platform
- Use Python for server-side development
- Ship weekly app features
As a human you will:
- Collaborate closely with other team members (we are a team of fifteen engineers)
- Motivated to contribute both strategically and directly through your code
- Embody the core values of Tandem every day:
- Mission: You feel value in the product we’re building and your contribution and are excited about the prospect of adding to our existing platform.
- Communication and Respect: You communicate effectively with and respectfully with your peers, regardless of experience level, gender, race, or any other differentiator. You respect the opinions of your peers and give and receive feedback in a constructive manner.
- Performance: You take pride in your work and work quickly and effectively to contribute to the product and team.
Tandem values engineers who are hard-working and motivated to learn new things. If you do not have experience in our entire stack, please still apply!
- Experience designing, developing, and deploying web and/or mobile applications
- Experience working with REST APIs and libraries
- Experience developing, modifying, and querying databases
- Excited to make empowered decisions (our engineers regularly are empowered to make implementation decisions on their own)
- Comfortable with frequently shipping an iterative product
- Able to establish trust with colleagues to foster accountability and reliability
- Has experience shipping a live product to completion
- Experience working with React, React Native, and Python
- Experience working with cloud application platforms, such as Heroku
- Past experience working for a venture-backed startup
- Past successes in launching new products and scaling a company
- Experience and interest in the childcare industry
- Experience with prepaid debit cards, finance, and/or banking applications
*For reference, Tandem develops using Heroku, Python, React, React Native, and multiple third-party APIs and libraries, such as Django, Twilio, Plaid, Stripe, etc.