Bloomscape is a Direct to Consumer plant brand with a mission to become the simplest source in the world for buying and enjoying quality plants. Plants nourish our living spaces in a way that’s deeply vital and increasingly necessary in our modern lifestyles. By completely changing the way people buy and experience plants in every area of the home and garden, our big vision is to make Bloomscape the most recognized brand in plants.
We started by offering high-quality, fully grown, potted indoor plants that can be purchased and delivered directly to our customers and we’ve had a massive response. And now we’re extending that experience by building products that engage our customers throughout the entire plantlife experience.
Bloomscape is looking for a junior Software Development Engineer to join our tech team. You will focus on the day-to-day growth initiatives as needed by merchandising and marketing teams. You will be responsible for quick turnaround functionality needed to try new approaches to growth, technical investigations and developing solutions to quickly empower merchandising and marketing. Our Software Developer will work with our other developers to ensure longer-term roadmap items account for the growth initiatives being implemented.
As Bloomscape's Software Developer, you are passionate about software development, understanding of the trade-offs between short term gains and long-term functionality, and passionate about trying new ideas quickly to see if they move the marketing and merchandising goals to enable broader business value.
- Own development to push our ecommerce stack forward on a daily basis by building new solutions for marketing and merchandising initiatives, as well as working on live issue production issues for bugs and feature needs.
- Understanding of ecommerce and able to brainstorm and talk with peer teams to try out ideas.
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with frontend frameworks - React Native, NodeJS, or equivalents
- Experience working within existing frameworks as well as building brand new applications
- Development experience across mobile, desktop and cloud experiences
- Able to troubleshoot and debug complex applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive, enthusiastic hard worker with an eye for detail
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Self-motivated with ability to work in ambiguity and still drive forward
- Problem-solver with an inquisitive and innovative mind
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced ever-changing environment
- Previous startup and/or e-commerce experience, a plus
- Committed employee with a passion for plants and the Bloomscape brand
Bloomscape is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate inclusivity and are committed to building a diverse team.