The Senior Software Engineer is passionate about building great products and is inspired to unlock the power of language through technology. We're creating a high-performance, collaborative culture here and are searching for a driven individual who shares this mentality to join our team.
- 3 years of experience working with React or similar framework
- Experience with modern JS development tools/frameworks (Node, React, Redux, CSS-in-JS, Next.js)
- Ability to write unit, integration, and e2e tests with Jest, React Testing Library, and Cypress
- Knowledge of version control software and hosting (e.g., Git and Github)
- Experience with a cloud platform (e.g., AWS) and CI/CD pipelines
- Passion for self-education and a love of learning words
- Experience working with Chrome browser extensions
- Familiarity with Typescript
- Experience with RxJS or other event-based/observer framework
- Experience with continuous integration workflows
- Prioritization of performant, reusable, scalable, high-quality code
- Perform measured and supportive code review and mentoring for all team members
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Product, Design, Analytics, Ad Yield and Data Science
- Contribute to pair programming with all team members to coach and collaborate
- Work as a part of an Agile team, including grooming, retrospectives, and planning
- Collaborate on tooling and architecture decisions and keeping codebases well maintained
- Impact product direction, user experience, and roadmap from a technical perspective
Who We Are
Dictionary.com is committed to eliminating anxiety with the English language through simple, expertly crafted definitions, the perfect synonyms, and rich narratives about the intersection of words and culture. We are the leading digital source for everything related to words and their meanings, with 70 million monthly users and 100 million app installs. We believe words are core to the human experience, and as such, we’ve made it our mission to deliver the best dictionary and thesaurus imaginable to the largest audience possible.
The Dictionary.com team exudes energy and a passion for words and language and is driven to invest in the people and products that will propel Dictionary.com forward another 20+ years.