Bloomscape is a Direct-to-Consumer plant brand with a mission to become the most straightforward source in the world for buying and enjoying quality plants. Plants nourish our living spaces in a way that’s vital and increasingly necessary in our modern lifestyles. By completely changing the way people buy and experience live plants, our big vision is to make Bloomscape the most recognized brand in plants.
We started by offering high-quality, fully grown, potted indoor plants that can be purchased and delivered directly to our customers, and we’ve had a massive response. And now we’re extending that experience by building products that engage our customers throughout the entire plant life experience.
Bloomscape is looking to hire an experienced Senior Software Engineer to help scale our eCommerce and fulfillment technology stacks. You will play a key role in advancing Bloomscape’s end-to-end eCommerce experience by creating innovative and delightful features for our customers, thinking critically about system architecture, and using data to improve everything that we do. You’ll work closely with our VP of Technology and business teams to bridge the gap between vision and execution and help us achieve our goals.
To be successful in this role, you must be a versatile programmer with knowledge across technology stacks who moves fast while creating resilient systems. You will also have the opportunity to help shape the Bloomscape technology team by helping us optimize systems, make technical decisions, determine the areas that need the most investment, and establish best practices.
We have ambitious goals for the future of our platform, so we’re looking for a highly motivated, quick learner with a passion for programming with integrity and speed
- Collaborate with the Bloomscape team to design, develop and launch new features
- Enhance and adhere to coding standards to ensure high-quality work across all projects
- Prioritize the development of efficient, reusable, and reliable software
- Always keep customer experience and continuous improvement top of mind
- History of mentoring and teaching other engineers
- Knowledge of WordPress or similar CMS is a plus
- Knowledge of Woocommerce, Shopify, or similar eCommerce platforms is a plus
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging complex applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive, enthusiastic problem solver with an eye for detail
- Passion for building an amazing team cultures
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in ambiguity and still drive forward
- A passion for customers, plants, the Bloomscape brand
Bloomscape is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate inclusivity and are committed to building a diverse team.