Duo Security, now a part of Cisco, is the leading provider of Trusted Access security and multi-factor authentication delivered through the cloud.
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place. We believe in empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office and enable every employee to bring their whole self to work.
Our team is our secret weapon. We lead the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it. Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
What You Will Do
As a Senior Software Engineer on our Site Reliability Engineering team, you will develop software and tools to empower Duo's product development teams to maintain software releases quickly and smoothly. You will collaborate with a wide range of internal partners to engineer automated solutions in an effort to remove toil and enhance stability for a variety of infrastructure, with an emphasis on scalability. You will face challenges that require an engineering attitude and a desire to automate everything possible.
Who You Will Work With
- Ability to focus and plan for work on or beyond a full quarter time horizon.
- Ability to plan, design, and own technical solutions with broad or complex requirements using an insightful and strategic approach.
- Ability to describe, analyze, and convince others about major technical tradeoffs and decisions.
- Ability to work across teams and with other managers to spec out high level designs for platform improvements.
- History of writing performant, maintainable, testable code
- You are passionate about automation and reducing toil.
- You are committed to quality and experienced with modern software testing practices.
- You care about contributing to an amazing work culture and environment.
- You are able to initiate and facilitate meaningful conversations around complex problems.
- You can identify and propose strategies around problems or areas of improvement affecting the team, platform, or our customers, and communicate to get agreement on solutions.
- You are able to motivate and empower your team members to achieve a higher level of performance.
- You are curious and capable of gathering information and resources for the team to complete work.
Who You Are
- You have prior experience with automated configuration tools like Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Prior experience deploying cloud services, monitoring, alerting, and handling critical issues.
- Prior experience with tools like Kubernetes, ElasticSearch, MySQL, Python, AWS, Docker, etc
- You have experience supporting a high-availability SaaS environment
- You work well in charting new DevOps practices without a well defined roadmap
Why you should apply….
- You’ve seen the news! Cybersecurity is the biggest issue of our time and you want to make a difference.
- You thrive having the autonomy to operate in a meaningful problem space solving real problems for real people
- You love collaborating with, teaching, and learning from high-performing peers on software projects
This job may not be for you if…
- You only code alone and aren't willing to mentor and be mentored.
- You lack a real passion for writing high-quality secure software that is backed by an equally mature approach to testing.
- You stress under the ambiguity of a problem and default to others to provide you with the answers.
- Your first instinct is to point out why something can’t be done rather than focusing on what the customer problem is.
- You tire at the thought of a steady, deliberate pace in both a product and company.
- If you're coming up short in these areas, but think you could still do well, convince us why!
Job Posting: https://jobs.cisco.com/jobs/ProjectDetail/1322739