Welcome to y(our) FUTURE
Banking is a part of our everyday lives, but there is no brand we care about, and no brand that cares about us. The American dream is changing. We aspire to work wherever we want, whenever we want, and with whoever we want. And now we can.
Welcome to FUTUREBANK. We’ve built unparalleled services for anyone who hates their current bank or is one of the millions of American freelancers, entrepreneurs, solopreneurs, or small businesses who need help starting and operating their financial ecosystem.
Big banks are soulless corporations with antiquated tech who don’t understand the needs of actual human beings. Those banks charge people outrageous fees and penalties and have the worst customer service of all time. (You've definitely screamed "REPRESENTATIVE" into the phone more than once).
FUTUREBANK offers memberships with bundled services. Everything you use in your financial life, all in one place. Name a thing. Yeah, we do that. There are also no fees EVER, and on-demand domestic video-based customer service.
Our tiers of membership are focused on consumers, freelancers, and small businesses. Whether you're someone who is tired of getting taken advantage of by the big banks, a graphic designer who needs to invoice clients, a startup who needs help getting off the ground, or a nine-person company who needs payroll, tax and legal services, we do it all.
FUTUREBANK is seeking an experienced engineer that is passionate about software quality and automation.
A successful Senior Quality Engineer will be adept at translating functional requirements into implementable automated quality tests, and will have a keen eye for spotting areas of the architecture that could be improved for testability. This role will work closely with all members of the cross functional team to shape our product development practices to emphasize creating beautiful software that is both easy to maintain and extend, and highly reliable.
Some might say there are more important roles at FUTUREBANK. But we can’t. Building a platform that just works and ensures our customers have the capability to get their needs met is paramount to our success. This role will help to build our brand-defining member experience.
About You: You get it
- You have 5+ years of experience as a software engineer, and 3+ years of experience working in quality in software focused organizations.
- You have a background or passion for working in an enterprise environment with a strong consumer or hospitality focus within a mission driven brand. A tech forward or start-up environment = a gold star!
- You have experience engaging in activities including planning, design, scripting, execution, debugging and reporting tasks.
- You are familiar with different automated testing approaches and frameworks, and can speak fluently about automated test strategy from unit tests to smoke tests to end-to-end integration tests.
- You have experience working with technical and business groups to define scope of testing and research around new tools and testing approaches as well as executing implementation.
- You can oversee the writing of automated test cases and scripts including mobile application and API based regression and user acceptance testing.
- You can ensure formal test plans are developed and reviewed to enable the delivery or quality software applications.
- You have a firm understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle and methodologies such as Agile /Scrum
- You will be able to drive continuous improvement through all processes, including but not limited to, team standards, test planning, resourcing and test execution, as well as debugging, metric collection, and reporting.
- You have hands on experience testing APIs, RESTful/JSON web services.
- Previous experience in python and dart is a huge plus.
- You’re a natural problem solver with sky-high EQ and a great sense of humor.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You can help get this rocketship to the moon.
Hybrid (remote/in office) working schedule
Competitive salary and equity package
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield health benefits (health, vision, dental, HSA, FSA options)
One Medical Membership
Pre-tax travel/transit and child care plans available
Training and career development opportunities
FUTUREBANK is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
This is a career defining opportunity to help reimagine United States banking as we know it. While FUTUREBANK headquarters is based in New York City, the capital of the world, and we are building a tech group in Detroit, the motor city, we’re a fully distributed workforce, so please apply regardless of your location. We offer tools, training, technology and compensation packages to engage and support our people in their happy places, wherever they are.