Providing customers the right price is core to our business model. Most insurance companies trudge through the process, tweaking plans at a snail’s pace. At Root, we update our pricing constantly, leveraging data science-based models and nimble technology to maximize premium growth with loss performance. Product managers in the insurance pricing space are responsible for this important, yet difficult task. If not handled strategically, updating prices leads to a trade-off between growth and profit - the understanding of which requires the use of precise tools in favor of blunt instruments.
To this end, we believe in leveraging structured, rigorous thinking guided by the scientific process to create products that customers love and benefit the company’s bottom line. Although this process takes longer, long-term profitability and customer loyalty matter more to us than short term gimmicks that erode customer trust.
As a Senior Product Manager supporting our State Management organization, you will partner with our State Pricing Leadership to build solutions that facilitate efficient market management and navigate complex regulatory challenges to ensure Root creatively implements our most predictive class plan in markets with the most restrictive regulatory environments.
What you'll be doing.
- Areas of Focus: State Management Tooling, Insurance Product Implementation, State Specific Pricing Segmentation
- Work with Product Group Lead and Pricing Organization Leadership to build strategy from the ground up for your area of focus
- Create, manage, and adapt product roadmap to meet quarterly goals/KPIs
- Lead a team of engineers to drive the full product life cycle, spanning ideation, design, implementation, testing, and iteration
- Break down work into weekly sprints and ensure team meets execution goals
- Build out state specific analytics capabilities and perform ongoing and ad-hoc analysis to assess product performance and extract new product insights
- Collaborate with key business stakeholders in actuarial, data science, compliance, and customer conversion departments
- Leverage market expertise to build a competitor database for product benchmarking
What we're looking for.
- 5+ years of business experience; 2+ years of product experience;
- Insurance domain expertise; insurance related certifications (CAS, SOA, CPCU) a plus
- Product domain expertise spanning the discovery, planning, and product development process; deep understanding of customer-centric or insurance product practices
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative fields such as Business, Engineering, Mathematics, Actuarial, etc.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; defines effective, specific solutions from broad problem statements
- Highly analytical; excel at leveraging data to drive profitable product decisions
- Exemplary problem-solving skills with ability to think strategically and innovatively
- Detail oriented; ability to multitask and prioritize projects
- Roll-up-the sleeves work ethic and “do-what-it takes” attitude to efficiently execute and drive for results in a fast-pace work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skillsProven ability to thrive in a results-oriented environment
- Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills; naturally collaborative, excelling at influencing without direct authority