Root is taking the outdated, $250-billion insurance industry and challenging everything about it. Using telematics and a passion for customer experience, we’re building one of the country’s fastest-growing tech companies. At five years old, Root manages over $300M in premiums, through a mobile app downloaded over 4.5M times. We’ve raised over $1B in a recent IPO and we’re just getting started.
Root’s Growth Products organization is seeking a Senior Product Manager to define and lead our roadmap of initiatives focused on accelerating our customer growth through a mix of product engagement and marketing acquisition.
What you’ll be doing.
This role works across product, engineering, marketing, business development and analytics teams to define, build and evolve our highest-profile customer experiences: from downloading the app and signing up, through Root's mobile test drive, offer and purchase. You’ll be a guiding voice on the team building the pivotal product engine that will drive Root’s customer acquisition and onboarding experiences. Your roadmap will be composed of new features and customer experiences, experimental enhancements to our existing features and onboarding workflow, and internal systems that power the intelligence used by our product features.
The ideal candidate has an experimentation and learning mindset, strong analytical skill set, and well-honed product instincts to identify opportunities and deliver solutions that unlock customer value. You have a consistent track record of successfully taking end-to-end ownership and delivering results in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. This role requires strong written and verbal communication skills, an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to collaborate effectively across functions.
What we're looking for.
- BA/BS in a STEM (Science/Technology/Engineering/Mathematics) field or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years product management experience in a mobile, marketing, or growth-focused role managing a technology product.
- Experience driving roadmap strategy and prioritization, and end-to-end product delivery.
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology strategy and tradeoff decisions related to a product.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and metrics to validate assumptions, recommendations, and decisions.