At Benzinga content is king! As a senior newsdesk reporter you will have a direct hand in creating content seen by millions of readers and impacting the industry as a whole.
This position will be full time in our Detroit office, though we are flexible. The hours will run from before the market opens until after it closes.
What you'll be doing:
- Tracking breaking news that can potentially impact stocks and the market
- Making quick decisions on which news items are material for investors
- Publishing brief headlines in an extremely timely manner
- Engaging with Wall Street sources to uncover and publish exclusive and unique commentary about stocks and news items
- Acting with a sense of urgency in everything you do. If you thrive in fast paced environments, this is the place for you!
Stuff you need to get this gig:
- 2-3 years experience of journalistic writing. Preferably in the financial space
- Familiarity with sell-side research and recommendations analysts issue on stocks
- Knowledge of the space and the stock market
- Superb relationship building and interviewing skills