At Finite State, we are leveraging massive amounts of data to solve the next generation of security problems generated by the Internet of Things (IoT). We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer with a strong background in networking to help us drive a key technology project forward. The individual filling this role will be providing technical leadership on a greenfield engineering project focused on analyzing network traffic to provide inventory and security risk data about the embedded devices on the network. If you are an experienced self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, then we want to talk to you!
Primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Designing and building network data processing software.
- Data modeling and processing at scale.
- Pragmatic technical decision-making to ensure we're delivering high quality software as quickly as possible.
- Collaboratively working with QA engineers to ensure proper test coverage and high quality releases.
- Collaborating with our R&D department to assess and implement device identification and reverse engineering techniques into our software platform.
Candidates at a minimum must have the following:
- 6+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- Significant experience working at the network level, including strong experience with packet capture analysis.
- Working experience with Python (or a similar language with the ability to learn quickly!)
- Experience working on small, fast-paced, teams.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with engineers and stakeholders.
- Ability to mentor and advise less experienced engineers.
- Ability to technically lead a large-scale software project with minimal product management assistance.
It’s preferred (but not required) that candidate have experience with:
- Building and supporting platforms for large enterprise customers
About Finite State
Built on two decades of cybersecurity experience serving the Fortune 50 and the U.S. Intelligence Community, our team of experts understands the hidden risks in today’s enterprise networks, where IoT vulnerabilities are quickly becoming the entry point of choice for cyber attacks.
Finite State gives cyber defenders a tactical advantage by identifying the devices running on the network and proactively analyzing firmware buried inside the IoT devices for hidden vulnerabilities. We have a sense of duty to protect the critical infrastructure we rely on including medical devices, power grids and telecommunication networks. We were founded in 2017 in Columbus, Ohio, but we are now a fully distributed company with employees across the country.
At Finite State, we are dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive salary, equity, full benefits (medical, dental, vision, disability and life-insurance), 401k plan and unlimited PTO, because we believe it is important to unplug and recharge.
Come help us solve one of the biggest problems in cyber security!
Finite State is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Finite State prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Finite State conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.