Root is seeking an experienced, performance-first marketing leader to drive the strategy for all Root, Inc web properties. This is a highly cross-functional position that requires someone skilled at strategic thinking, educating, influencing, and executing to hit aggressive marketing objectives and business results.
The ideal candidate will have experience building and executing the strategy for consumer, business, and investor-facing websites with a strong background in UX and performance optimization. This individual must excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and have a proven track of developing and delivering web initiatives that deliver business results.
What You'll Do
- You will lead the strategy for all Root .com properties, including joinroot.com, inc.joinroot.com and root-enterprise.com. You will partner across the organization to develop and execute the roadmap to build our brand, support our audiences, and maximize engagement and conversion on Root’s websites. You will be responsible for ensuring that we are driving growth, while delivering the best experience for our customers.
- Partner: Partner with Product Marketing, Performance Marketing, Conversion Rate Optimization, Marketing Analytics, and the Creative team to identify and size opportunities to improve the user experience and performance.
- Plan: Define the web content strategies for each site and translate into an aligned operational plan and tactical roadmap that will drive growth across the business.
- Execute: Ensure timely, high quality execution of the roadmap, with a rapid test and learn mindset to help you refine your approach over time. Champion the user experience while helping delivery a continuous improvement in business metrics.
- Analyze: Actively monitor and report on the performance across all websites. Continually optimize based on results while ensuring brand standards are applied and maintained across all properties.
What Will Help You Be Successful.
- 7+ years of experience in web strategy, digital marketing, marketing or similar
- Proven web/digital marketing experience with a track record of delivering aggressive business growth.
- Deep understanding of web content and consumer journey best practices; proven ability to successfully partner with Search Engine Optimization (SEO),Web Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO), and UX/UI Design peers to craft a holistic web strategy and roadmap.
- Ability to successfully manage projects across a complex set of stakeholders.
- Understanding of how to gather data-driven insights from program performance and develop recommendations to drive continuous improvement in results
- Expert collaborator and leader who thrives in cross-functional environments. Able to easily context switch based on audience, translate needs from one team to another, and influence stakeholders and leadership to achieve alignment.
- Excellent project management skills. Able to organize and coordinate cross-functional teams to deliver projects on time with high quality.
- Experience working with in-house and agency creative teams, with an ability to translate business marketing plans into clear and actionable creative requests.
- Comfortable getting your hands dirty and implementing programs from start-to-finish.
Who We Are
Root Insurance is the nation’s first licensed insurance carrier powered entirely by mobile. We were founded on the belief that the services you need for everyday life should serve you better. That’s why we base insurance coverages on you, not your demographic. It’s the way insurance should be. And it’s all conveniently in an app.
What draws people to Root.
Ask Anyone Who Works Here And You’ll Hear Similar Reasons For Why They Joined
We’re a venture-backed technology company. Our early success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building and promoting it. We look for individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and a highly analytical lens.
Autonomy. For assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact. By challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration. We encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People. We are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.