Equip is a virtual program helping families recover from eating disorders at home with comprehensive, gold-standard care created by experts in the field and people in recovery. Equip’s five-person care teams include dietitians, physicians, therapists, and mentors who deliver wrap-around support to provide families healing and lasting recovery.
We created Equip to increase access to evidence-based treatment for all people affected by eating disorders. In line with this mission, we are committed to partnering closely with insurance companies and ensuring our team, patients, treatment, and brand reflect the diversity of those affected by eating disorders.
About the role:
As a Senior Engineer, you’ll balance speed, quality and reliability to get the right solution deployed to our providers and clients today. You enjoy data modeling, fast product cycles, and you highly value robust testing.
As a senior engineer, you’ll own large parts of the software stack and take part in all engineering-related decisions. You love clean, scalable code, but you’re equally in love with scrappy, rapid iteration and feedback cycles. We've got a ton of interesting problems to solve around data analytics, data pipelines, and predictions, system reliability, security, privacy, and more. If you're passionate about tackling hard problems while making a real difference in the world, we'd love to talk!
- Design and deliver software that improves the availability and scalability of our application and infrastructures
- Investigate mission-critical problems and build solutions that prevent problem recurrence in all non-exceptional conditions
- Build & ship fast w/ our Typescript stack
- Test, launch and iterate on product features based on a data driven approach that also incorporates user feedback and testing
- Implement and help enforce software best practices like Agile, CI & TDD
- Build useful internal tools and automation workflows to help the company run more efficiently
- 6+ years experience building scalable systems and backend services
- Experience with API architecture (RPC, Rest, IPC) to enable horizontal scaling
- You have a product mindset: you really care about customer outcomes and you want to build a product that fundamentally changes how digital care is delivered
- You’re comfortable working in a new, small team that is growing – you’ll need to be happy with ambiguity and things changing on a regular basis
- You feel confident making trade-off decisions between moving quickly and getting products in the hands of our customers, versus building secure, scalable and resilient systems
Bonus if you have the following:
- B.S.+ in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Passion for mental health and eating disorder treatment and expanding access to treatment
Equip prioritizes candidates with a passion for the mission. Additionally, we are intentionally building a diverse and inclusive workplace, and encourage underrepresented candidates to apply.
Competitive salaries and bonuses, flexible hours from home, unlimited time-off, health benefits, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats are among the myriad benefits you'll experience while working at Equip.
Equip is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Help by Sharing
Share this job with friends and family
Tip: Paste this link anywhere