Our engineering team values agility, collaboration, and autonomy. We’re building a team of not just strong problem-solvers but great collaborators—engineers who are excited to teach and learn from each other, share decisions and information freely, and work together on new problems that no other companies have solved before.
As the senior member of our DevOps team, you will help shape the foundational systems that all Equip engineers use to develop and deploy their applications, make infrastructure easier to understand and maintain, and manage many service primitives (e.g. security, metrics, logging) to help orchestrate our growing services ecosystem.
Our primary goal is to build systems that are easy to use so that Equip engineers can create new features and provide value as fast as possible. We have the luxury of being close to the users of our systems, so we get lots of feedback about where we should be spending our time. This means that the work that we do is very high impact.
What you will do:
- Design/Build/automate/Implement world-class AWS infrastructure and services, using Terraform, to support our mission
- Manage cloud environments and infrastructure to meet the security guidelines
- Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives to support the development lifecycle
- Implementing, maintaining and automating platform monitoring and alerting systems
- Administer employee authorization and authentication systems using industry standard LDAP and VPN technologies
- Drive best practices in cost optimization, security, monitoring, alerting, operations excellence, performance efficiency and reliability in underlying systems
- Building a release pipeline to enable fast, but safe delivery of critical business software to Production
- Supports and/or executes testing efforts across the life cycle.
- Remain current on infrastructure trends pertaining to their area of practice (e.g., Agile, DevOps, Cloud, Microservices, containers)
- Promote best devops practices and mentor others on the engineering team
- Support projects as an individual contributor, or prototype solutions to more complex problems as part of a team
- 6+ years of experience in a DevOps/SRE role
- CI/CD systems (jenkins)
- Configuration and infrastructure management (puppet, chef, ansible, salt)
- Deployment systems and orchestration
- Container technologies (docker, openshift)
- Container orchestration systems (Kubernetes, openshift)
- Monitoring tools (prometheus, graphite, grafana)
- Cloud technologies (AWS, google cloud, heroku)
- Understand and have some experience with network and application security
- Understand and have experience with OS fundamentals, database management, and systems administration
Bonus if you have the following:
- B.S.+ in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Passion for mental health and eating disorder treatment and expanding access to treatment
Equip prioritizes candidates with a passion for the mission. Additionally, we are intentionally building a diverse and inclusive workplace, and encourage underrepresented candidates to apply.
Competitive salaries and bonuses, flexible hours from home, unlimited time-off, health benefits, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats are among the myriad benefits you'll experience while working at Equip.
Equip is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To see full job description: https://equip.health/careers/jobs/6E89096421