Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - it’s up to you.
As a Security and Compliance Specialist, you will help ensure ongoing compliance with relevant regulations and maintain current certification status against select standards and certifying bodies. You will be responsible for monitoring compliance with security standards, internal periodic security maintenance, internal security audits, third party security assessments, and coordinating external audits. You will foster a compliance culture throughout Veeva, communicate effectively and build positive relationships with other Veeva teams.
What You’ll Do
- Coordinate, monitor, and review periodic audits by third party assessors including ISO27XXX, SOC2 Type 2, HIPAA, HDS, HITRUST
- Monitor compliance with Veeva policies and procedures
- Identify policy and process improvement opportunities, develop recommendations, and communicate with stakeholders collaboratively
- Advise management on risk and control issues, provide practical recommendations to ensure that risks are properly managed
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in an IT role, information security role, or security compliance role.
- 2+ years of experience, with at least one of the relevant standards or certifications such as ISO27001, ISO27018, SOC2, NIST 800-XXX, HITRUST, HIPAA, GDPR, NIST
- 2+ years of relevant internal audit and/or compliance experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work independently
- Team-first attitude
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to form working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Nice to Have
- CISA, CRISC, CISSP, CIPP, CIPM, CIPT, or other professional certification
- Experience with or working knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Experience helping IT organizations understand compliance requirements, evidence gathering requirements, implementing compliance-related processes and tools
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.