AFTER HOURS REACT INSTRUCTOR
At Grand Circus, we train students for jobs in the fastest-growing tech companies. We know that anyone can be a developer, so we’re passionate about educating career transitioners in coding and other skills that lead to high-growth careers.
WHAT DOES AN INSTRUCTOR DO?
Grand Circus instructors help change students’ lives by sharing their developer skills and expertise. Instructors work closely with students and a team of Grand Circus teaching assistants, program managers, and the Director of Learning to ensure that students have all of the technical skills they need. Instructors are responsible for the technical know-how of their students; it is the role of the instructor to help students get the React skills that they will need to be successful on the job.
In action, this means that instructors are responsible for:
● Leading daily classroom activities from technical lectures, to labs to review sessions
● Providing feedback to students
● Responding to student feedback
● Responding to student inquiries on Slack
● Communicating with the team about student progress
● Providing real-world examples and context for lessons
● Building a supportive classroom environment
● Sharing passion and enthusiasm for development
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We’re looking for someone to join our team on a contract basis, to teach the remote After-Hours React Workshop. The React workshop is scheduled for 4-week sessions, Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 6:30 - 10:30 pm Eastern Time. All classes meet via Zoom. Students are experienced developers, adding React to their skill set.
When it comes to skills, we’re looking for an instructor who:
● Can demonstrate advanced knowledge of React
● Has experience creating REST APIs with Node and Express
● Communicates complicated programming concepts in learner-friendly language
● Is passionate about mentoring and/or teaching
● Cares deeply about community
● Obsesses about preparation and organization
● Is open to giving and receiving feedback
It would be awesome if our new instructor also…
● Has a degree in Computer Science
● Has 3 – 5 years of teaching experience
Please reply on Purpose Jobs or email email@example.com and share your resume, LinkedIn profile and GitHub link, along with a brief message letting us know why you are interested and would be a great fit for this position.