At Grand Circus, we train students for jobs in the fastest-growing tech
companies. We know that anyone can be a developer, so we’re passionate about
educating career transitioners in coding and other skills that lead to high-growth
careers. To do so, we need an operational-guru, otherwise known as a Program
Manager, to shepherd our students to success in this virtual landscape!
This is a contracted, part-time position (max 25 hours per week). The After-Hours Program Manager needs to be available during class time, which is Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings.
WHAT DOES A PROGRAM MANAGER DO?
As a Program Manager at Grand Circus, you’re responsible for the student experience during their time in a bootcamp, where you’ll handle all non-technical and logistical aspects of our programs. Specifically, you’ll oversee the student's transition from orientation all the way through their bootcamp at Grand Circus to graduation! During a student's time at Grand Circus, you’ll be their go-to person, where you will be responsible for:
- Coordinating fun events like virtual game nights, happy hours, and any other exciting activities that foster community online
- Supporting students' job readiness through soft skills training, in coordination with the Bootcamp Delivery Manager and Career Services
- Communicating regularly with students to keep them on track for graduation
- Handling all feedback from students, including through retros, 1:1s, and surveys
- Providing direct positive and constructive feedback to students to help them grow
- Communicating effectively and regularly with instructional staff, career services staff, and the Bootcamp Delivery Manager
- Responding to student inquiries on Slack and email in a timely manner
- Assisting career services team member(s) with scheduling soft skills sessions, career 1-1’s, mock interviews and other student communications and initiatives
YOU’RE PERFECT FOR THIS JOB IF YOU:
- Have a proven track record of being a "people person"
- Have the ability to make important decisions on the fly
- Have been told you’re highly detail-oriented and never miss a beat
- Are often the “go-to” person for advice
- Feel comfortable delivering direct feedback
- Are known for your effective communication (both orally and written)
- Operate most effectively when you have access to organizational tools
- Are down with the company culture at Grand Circus:
- Love your coworkers and Mondays
- Support diversity efforts in your community
- Bring a layer of knowledge on random topics
- Creatively embrace chaos and change
SO, WHAT ARE THE PERKS?
There are a lot of wonderful things to say about being a Grand Circus teaching assistant. It’s hard to beat the feeling that accompanies alumni reaching out to tell you they landed a great new job because of what you taught them. It’s also hard to beat that warm-and-fuzzy feeling that happens when you see it finally click for a student. It also doesn’t hurt that you’re essentially shaping the minds of an army of newbie developers. Want even more? Check out our careers page, plus…
HOW TO APPLY:
If this position sounds right for you, we’re so excited to meet you! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “After Hours Program Manager – Remote” and your answers to the following questions:
- What experiences in your life make you uniquely qualified for this position?
- One of Grand Circus’ core values is “anyone can be a developer.” What does this mean to you?