Autobooks works hard to make small business banking simple. Through our partnerships with banks and credit unions, small business owners have access to a modern suite that makes business banking easier. When you join Autobooks, you're joining a team dedicated to small business growth. We want your ideas, passion, and experience to continue improving what we offer.
Our brand-new Detroit HQ is in the heart of downtown Detroit in the 1505 Woodward Ave, building! Autobooks also has a growing presence in Texas with a satellite office in Austin; and offers flexible, remote work environments for certain roles.
Ready to help change what it means to do small business? Let's talk.
The Role: Quality Assurance Manager
As the Quality Assurance Manager here at Autobooks, you will set the vision and lead the execution of quality practices throughout Autobooks. You will apply your critical thinking and bug-catching savvy towards improving the customer experience for our users. The Quality Assurance Lead will set the vision and lead the execution of quality practices throughout Autobooks, establish thought leadership around quality practices and processes, disseminate this mindset and raise the quality expectation across the organization. The Quality Assurance Lead will serve as a subject matter expert on the development of testing approaches, methodologies, requirements, and the creation of performance and regression testing scenarios, frameworks, and scripts using automated processes.
The QA Manager must be an excellent communicator, enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment, willing to challenge the status quo, and able to build excellent working relationships throughout the business. You possess a strong sense of ownership, accountability, and customer focus with the continuous goal of delivering business value and thrilling our clients.
- Leading and evolving the quality practices and processes on the Autobooks product development team
- Analyzing a sophisticated financial software system and designing strategies and plans to effectively validate functionality and behavior
- Plan, develop, and execute manual and automated tests suites
- Plan, develop, and execute stress and performance tests
- Triaging application defects and determine the root cause of any problem
- Recommending system enhancements and improvements
- Developing and maintaining metrics to monitor quality, finding problems before they occur
- Coaching, mentoring, and training existing and future team members
- Design and implement solutions based on system understanding and analysis of technology and system specifications
- Working closely with the developers, the business, and customers to ensure QA plans validate acceptance criteria
- Responsible for identification, documentation, and execution of all testing scenarios
- Using SQL querying to identify and assist in resolution of issues. Using SQL to set up test scenarios
- Provide specialized expertise in test automation using commercially available functional test tools, such as, Selenium Webdriver and Cucumber
- Demonstrated experience in developing a QA team vision and evolving organizational practices and processes
- Deep experience in development and implementation of test strategies and test plans
- Experience evaluating and recommending test methodologies, tools, and frameworks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with both technical and non-technical professionals at all levels of an organization
- Energetic, hard-working and driven by the desire to succeed
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic, rapidly growing environment
- Advanced working knowledge of QA processes and methodologies; expertise in test planning, test case management, code coverage and defect analysis
- Significant hands-on experience in Agile product development life cycles.
- Demonstrated leadership, coaching and mentoring skills combined with flexibility working in a collaborative but decisive personal style, highly effective communicator and problem solver.
- Manage multiple competing priorities while driving resolution and getting results
- Organization of multiple projects within one team and working across teams
- High sense of urgency to adapt to quickly established deadlines
- Detailed record keeping/documentation
- Must be able to work in a dynamic, fast-moving and quickly growing product development environment
- Sense of Urgency
The Benefits and Perks:
- Flexible, entrepreneurial work environment
- Open and fun workspace in the Madison Building in downtown Detroit
- Casual dress code
- Healthcare-health insurance, dental and vision coverage, life insurance
- 401k plan
- Free parking
- Hybrid work environment
- Detroit, MI Hybrid work in office 2-3 days/week