As part of our mission to unbreak insurance, Root is launching, improving, and expanding our products at a rate never before seen in the industry. As our company continues to grow exponentially, it is critical that we maintain the ability to rapidly launch, experiment, and adapt our products to delight our customers and change the industry.
As the Product Operations Lead, you are the visionary for empowering a world-class product organization to do their best work and maintain our rapid product development process at scale. This critical role will be responsible for establishing what Product Operations looks like at Root Insurance, building our expertise in this area from the ground up. You’ll work with product leadership to maintain operational excellence, aggregate customer intel and performance insights, support strategic research, standardize processes, and facilitate clear communication between product and the rest of the organization.
In the immediate term, you will take over our market expansion program to play an instrumental role in our 2021 growth goals.
As product managers continue to act as the gears that drive Root forward, the Product Operations team will become the ever more important oil between them, empowering smooth scaling.
What you'll do.
- Manage critical programs, such as market expansion, with an emphasis on timely execution and ensuring product compliance
- Facilitate communication and resource management between product teams
- Work with senior product management to establish, define, and refine key product processes
- Ensure strong alignment and execution of key business processes across product
- Support product-level planning and team priority development
- Build frameworks and models to drive priority alignment and drive key initiatives company-wide
- Work with HR and finance to assist in developing budgets and resourcing plans for the product organization
- Manage product calendaring for key product processes, strategic planning, and roadmapping
- Work closely with analytics to ensure consistent product KPI reporting
- Work closely with finance and product leadership to ensure product delivery and financial impact are appropriately forecasted and accounted for
- Collaborate across product to select appropriate tools to be used across the product team
- Ability to directly manage and drive realignment of large projects when necessary
What we're looking for.
- 5+ years product operations or program management experience
- Ability to collaborate and consult with cross-functional teams to drive alignment
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to synthesize large amounts of data to produce key strategic insights
- Exceptional organizational skills and close attention to detail
- Proficient in SQL, R, or other tools to identify trends and abnormalities in data
- Literacy in financial statements and modeling; able to tie product performance to financial outcomes
- Experience working with third parties to drive cross-functional strategy and execution
- BS/BA in quantitative field, Masters in quantitative field a plus.
- Experience in strategy, product management, or product operations a plus
- Financial services, fintech, or consumer-facing technology experience a plus