Product Marketing Specialist - Sales Enablement
This is a full-time role, Remote
SpotOn is a software and payments SAAS company with an omnichannel software platform that has redefined the merchant service industry by giving businesses the tools and services to grow and run their businesses. We are one of the fastest-growing companies in fin-tech (growing from 50 to 900 employees in the past two years). We rely on our products, integrity, and concierge-like service team instead of tricky and misleading long-term contracts rampant in the payments industry.
We have built easy-to-use tools for businesses to increase revenue and connect them with their customers using rewards, deals, online reviews, and data analytics in conjunction with cutting-edge POS systems and payment applications. Tools like these were previously only available to big businesses with big bankrolls and their developers, but our platform caters to neighborhood stores, independent retailers, and small to mid-sized chains.
We are looking for a Product Marketing Specialist that is focused on sales enablement and competitive analysis to join our growing Product Marketing team. In this role, you will be working with internal teams and merchants to ensure our Competitive Intelligent Automation Platform’s success and adoption, as well as the creation of sales enablement tools.
- Build, maintain, and evangelize internal-facing and external-facing core competitive materials, including presentations, battle cards, whitepapers, sell sheets, SWOT analysis, datasheets, etc. You will come up with concepts for resources and develop compelling narratives, and resonant messaging in partnership with PMMs and other teams, and execute to deliver impactful content.
- Lead the integration project from our CI platform to SpotOn’s sales portal.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure that enablement material is discoverable and utilized.
- Work with the sales team, including listening to sales calls collect competitive intelligence and disperse the relevant information to the field.
- Participate in sales calls as the expert on how SpotOn is different from a competitor.
- Proactively stay curious and informed on the competitive landscape and provide clear and concise competitive updates to internal stakeholders.
- Scale the analysis of deals lost (“Win-loss”) to help sharpen SpotOn’s GTM approach.
- Understand our sales team’s needs and creatively generate solutions. This role involves close communication with sales and an ability to understand sales’ requests and come up with creative solutions to address underlying needs.
The ideal candidate is:
- A great writer.
- Tech savvy.
- Has experience in sales training.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Self-starter who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- BS or equivalent education.
- 2+ years of technology experience in B2B SaaS.
- 2+ years of experience in competitive intelligence, sales enablement, product marketing, consulting, and/or close collaboration with sales and marketing.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Particularly the ability to synthesize complex information into concise, impactful messaging.
- Storytelling Capabilities - You have compassion for users and can tailor messaging and narratives to resonate with a specific audience.
- Results-oriented. You care deeply about the impact and KPIs moved by your work.
- Organized - You can lead complex projects and keep multiple work streams on track. An iterator. You are comfortable with iterating on assets over time, developing feedback channels, and tailoring your work based on market developments.
- Entrepreneurial drive and comfort working in ambiguous, quickly-changing environments
- Prior Experience in Digital Transformation/Integration is preferred.
- A great teammate and a teacher. You will collaborate across teams. You can build a strong network of relationships and use them to get things done. You will teach the organization about competitive insights and how we should adapt based on them.
- Comfortable working with technical products. You will be capable of communicating technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
… and here’s a bit about what we have to offer!
- Flexible working schedule
- Paid vacation, holiday, and sick time
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401K with matching
SpotOn is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state, or local law.