The Product Manager is the voice of the customer. This role is responsible for the long-term vision of products and aligning that vision with the strategic direction of the organization. This person will develop the market experience and awareness to articulate the value of what is being built and be able to prioritize work towards the desired end result. They will gain an understanding of the competitive landscape, articulate a solution end-to-end, assess the value of different features, and be the final decision maker for what will be built. The Product Manager has both an internal and external focus. When focusing internally, they work with a team of healthcare analysts, consultants, and technologists to produce software solutions for government and private sector healthcare clients. When focusing externally, the Product Manager is responsible for delivering solutions that drive value. The ideal candidate has an interest in turning healthcare analytics into user friendly software tools, and a preference for working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
This full-time position may require up to 25% travel to client sites. Remote candidates may be asked to make infrequent visits to our corporate headquarters in Southfield, Michigan.
- Acts as the product champion both internally and externally
- Communicates clear statement of vision, direction, release purpose and goals
- Works with sales to develop the go-to-market strategy for assigned product line
- Strives for stakeholder buy-in on Product Backlog
- Publishes and manages overall Product Backlog
- Prioritizes Product Backlog to drive release planning
- Attends Sprint Planning, Review, and Retrospective sessions
- Show alignment w/ product roadmap and business strategy
- Creates appropriately detailed stories for development
- Collaborates with designers, developers, and testers to execute on stories
- Continually forecasts the release plan and communicates with stakeholders
- Creates deployment & release readiness checklist
- Understands the product space and what others are doing
- Is the primary contact for product related questions
- Answers questions and meets with the Development Team and customers
- Participates in usability testing
A Product Manager must have experience in the entire Product Lifecycle from planning to execution. They must possess outstanding communication, listening and interpersonal skills and be comfortable asking challenging questions. The successful candidate will be able to establish credibility and rapport quickly with a broad set of partner and internal team members.
The ideal candidate represents and demonstrates our CORE VALUES:
- CREATIVE SOLUTIONS – We are agile in mindset and method with the passion to break through barriers to build practical and innovative solutions.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT – We have an unquenchable desire for measurable incremental progress.
- AUTHENTIC CONNECTIONS – We build genuine relationships with our team as well as customers and thrive united in shared purpose.
- CAUSE COMMITTED – We are passionately invested and willing to run to the fire to ensure successful outcomes.
- RELENTLESS CURIOSITY – We seek to discover, understand, and solve unique customer challenges before us.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, UX Design, Management Information Systems, Business, Operations Management, Healthcare related field, or equivalent experience
- Understanding of software design methodologies
- Ability to interact with end users and non-technical teams
- Possess excellent analytical, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills