Guideline is looking for a Product Design Manager to join our team in the SF Bay Area or Austin, to build out the best 401(k) platform for people.
What You Will Be Working On
Guideline aims to give everyone a better future by making it easy (and enjoyable!) to save for retirement. We're disrupting an industry that hasn't seen innovation in over 40 years — an industry that's left small businesses and a changing workforce behind. You'll be responsible for reimagining retirement planning from the ground up, and because Guideline is the only 401(k) provider that doesn't charge employees any fees on investments, you'll build solutions for people— not profits. You'll lead the design team and strategy for our consumer team. You'll also:
- Own OKRs and set design vision
- Work closely with engineering, product management, and operations
- Work cross-functionally with other internal teams at Guideline
- You will report to the Director of Product Design
What We're Looking For
- 6+ years of product design experience
- 2+ years of management experience
- A portfolio that showcases your proficiency across all platforms
- A proven track record in your personal approach to user-centered design
- Clearly communicate and present design decisions with solid rationale, user research, and data
- Proficiency in the latest design tools and prototyping
- Have critical product thinking and enjoy building the long-term vision and design strategy.
- Love to collaborate with other teams, designers, and engineers across the company; You communicate proactively and often with cross-functional teams, you are great to collaborate with, and comfortable taking the lead in a fast-paced environment.
Our design team is made up of 5 product designers with each designer overseeing their own problem space.
More About Guideline
Technology is the backbone of what we do. It allows us to automate many 401(k) administrative tasks, integrate with leading payroll providers, and build affordable retirement plans for the smallest businesses.
But our platform is powered by people—engineers, account managers, data analysts, retirement consultants, and many more. Together, we're creating a retirement platform that puts people first and empowers small business owners, their employees and the self-employed to not just retire, but arrive at a secure retirement.
In just a few years of operations, we've grown to over 30,000 clients and over $6 billion in assets under management—and have raised $344M with top-tier investors.
- Competitive Salary + Equity in the Company
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- 401(k) Matching
- 100% coverage of Health / Vision / Dental
- Generous parental leave policy
Guideline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.