Root is taking the outdated, $250-billion insurance industry and challenging everything about it. Using telematics and a passion for customer experience, we’ve built one of the fastest-growing tech companies. At under five years old, we've already built a business with over $300M in premiums valued by our investors at over $3.65 billion, through a mobile app downloaded over 4.5 million times. And we're just getting started.
What you’ll be doing.
Root’s Payments & Billing team is seeking a Principal Product Manager to drive Root’s payments and billing strategy. You will deeply understand our customer's payment needs and build solutions that make it easier to sign up, pay your monthly premiums, and stay insured. Your product investments will support the broader insurance company: fueling new customer growth, improving customer retention, and supporting profitability goals. This role will work across product, marketing, analytics, and core engineering teams to define and deliver payments infrastructure necessary to achieve these goals.
The ideal candidate has led complex technical products, preferably in payments applications, and has an experimentation and learning mindset coupled with the proven ability to establish a multi-year vision and see around corners. You are obsessed with driving a strong customer experience in everything you do, and can find and distill the common threads that connect disparate business needs across the organization. You will need to operate across a variety of stakeholders from understanding marketing and business development challenges to explaining goals and tradeoffs with senior executives, while defining, communicating and driving a strategic vision. You have a consistent track record of successfully taking end-to-end product ownership, leading and delivering results in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. This role requires strong written and verbal communication skills, an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to lead effectively across functions.
What we're looking for.
- Experience delivering mobile products and services in a high-growth environment.
- Experience owning internal/core technology or personalization products for an organization.
- Strengths in building and leveraging stakeholder relationships to drive collaborative, multi-stakeholder projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- 7+ years product management or equivalent experience across payments, billing systems, or technology products.
- 3+ years of experience driving roadmap strategy and definition, and end-to-end product delivery.
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology strategy and tradeoffs related to a product.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and metrics to validate assumptions, recommendations, and decisions.