We are looking for a Principal Full-stack Software Engineer to build and implement functional programs. You will work cross-functionally with other developers, designers, and product team members throughout the software development life cycle including requirements analysis and design. You will have the opportunity to lead, coach, and mentor team members to shape the culture of the team while influencing a next-generation of products and offerings. The Principal Full-Stack Software Developer will bring technical and analytical expertise and a proven track record of influencing and implementing new technologies.
Who We Are
Aduro is a Human Performance company, existing at the intersection of well-being and performance. We unlock human potential in the workplace by providing expert coaching, interactive content, meaningful incentives, and personalized insights in a fun, inspiring way. This helps to ignite cultures, create inclusivity, and build social connections that promote growth and flourishing of people in life and work.
The Aduro Engineering Team has been chartered with developing the next generation mobile and web platform technologies to help clients achieve transformational changes. The team uses the latest technologies and techniques to deliver innovative software, hardware, and firmware to over a million people. We believe in taking a customer-driven approach to developing and delivering platform solutions that go beyond simple engagement; leveraging the latest artificial intelligence, content delivery, and analytics technologies to help people live healthier lives and be great at anything through our Human Performance model.
- Lead the full software development lifecycle (SDLC) including user requirement analysis, designing and writing new software programs, testing, final deployment, and debugging new and existing products
- Drive architecture design based on stated business requirements
- Support, maintain, and document software functionality
- Commitment to leading, coaching, and mentoring team members
- Participate and lead software design meetings and analyze user needs to determine technical requirements
- Serve as a technical expert to lead and resolve company-wide technical discussions, collaborate and include inputs from cross-functional teams (security, DevOps, data, compliance and product)
- Identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation; discern build-vs-buy, identify and prioritize the highest ROI architectural investments
- Work individually as well as within the team to deliver and maintain projects and provide product support to others
- Work closely with other functional teams in different geographical regions to ensure successful delivery of both customer and in-house projects or solutions based on defined requirements
- Ensure on-going development practices for consistency, reliability, performance, security, and continuity
- Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field
- 10+ years in hands-on development of full stack software solutions
- Hands-on experience working in a distributed, cloud-based environment (AWS preferred or Azure) with high transaction volumes or high availability requirements; AWS RDS, SNS, SQS and Cognito experience is a plus
- Technical expertise in various areas of software engineering and track record of successful complex, and enterprise-scale project delivery
- Experience in developing End to End technical Architecture and delivery of very large-scale platforms
- Outstanding collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills with ability to facilitate technology strategy, requirements and architecture conversations with all stakeholders (management, business users, and technology resources)
- Experience working with distributed teams (onshore and offshore)
- Have experience in web development with LAMP stack
- Good understanding in OOP, MVC, micro-service architecture concept
- Modern programming languages (Java, php, Python is a plus)
- Ability to work a varied schedule in international time zones
- Experience with at least one Version Control System (SVN, Git); Bitbucket is a plus
- Conversant in database design (MySQL)
- Experience with container (Docker) and Orchestration (preferably Kubernetes)
- Familiar with continuous integration and continuous delivery best practices
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in caching technology, NodeJs, YUI and CodeIgniter development is a plus
- Machine Learning framework and libraries are a plus
Aduro offers a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, 401k plans with company match, life insurance, student loan repayment support and discounted pet insurance. We also believe that work/life balance is important and have a flexible vacation policy for full time team members.
Location. Our beautiful office is situated in the heart of Redmond’s vibrant downtown retail district. Within blocks, you can grab coffee or pop into one of many restaurants around the corner. Our office was custom designed with an outdoor patio that gets plenty of use in the warmer months (including a Bocce ball court which we utilize during the summer for a company-wide tournament).
Community. We are avid Zoom collaborators until we can be together again in our office space. Our community fosters collaboration, so be ready to converse and let ideas percolate! Aduro believes diversity is a necessary element to our success as a business. We are committed to building a community that represents and celebrates a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills; we want you to bring your verve!
Food + Beverage. When we are in the office, our kitchen is stocked with delicious, healthy food and beverages to keep snack attacks and coffee cravings at bay. And when the afternoon calls for it, we have the makings for a fun-filled happy hour.
We, at Aduro, LLC. pledge to ensure mutual respect and maintain that no job applicant or employee receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, marital status, disability, age, gender orientation or religion. Aduro, Inc. values diversity in our team and is committed not only to our legal obligations, but also to the positive promotion of equality in all aspects of employment: Aduro, LLC. is an EEO employer.