Why you'll love this role
StockX is seeking a motivated, dedicated, and focused individual with experience in growing and improving internal IT functions that support the strategic IT vision as well as enable the short and long-term goals of the business as a whole. The Network Engineer will play a critical role in supporting, developing, and implementing enterprise-wide infrastructure to support the StockX team on a global scale. You will solve complex business problems and identify solutions leveraging new technology and existing enterprise services. You will evaluate the current infrastructure and identify process improvement and automation opportunities. You will act as a functional expert, partnering with business and IT stakeholders at all levels to support, modify, and enhance our network technology.
What you'll do
- Develop and generate conceptual, logical, and physical network architectures, resulting in test plans, risk assessments, and documentation.
- Responsible for ensuring data movement through highly available physical and cloud-based networks.
- Participate in efforts to build, manage, and monitor enterprise systems in a multi-tiered and highly available framework.
- Supports new wireless technologies for IoT activities including but not limited to RFID, Bluetooth, 802.11ax, etc.
- Perform wireless site surveys utilizing various tools, i.e., Ekahau, Air Magnet.
- Evaluates and identifies opportunities for network performance and functionality improvements.
- Troubleshoot, resolve, generate RCA documents and action plans for network outages/degradation.
- Track and manage internet installation timelines, Networking equipment orders, and Network improvement project status.
- Participates in on-call rotations
- Some Domestic and International travel required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Meraki networks, setup, troubleshooting, and general administration
- Five years of IT experience.
- Implementation and maintenance of networking in Microsoft Azure Cloud Environment
- Experience designing and supporting wireless networks.
- Experience supporting a global IT infrastructure that is strictly cloud-based
- Familiarity using Python, XML, HTML, JSON, AJAX, and vender API.
- Solid understanding of information security and computer systems concepts, encryption protocols, and networking protocols.
- Excellent verbal handwritten communication skills.
- Self-motivated with a focus on customer service and time management.
- In-depth knowledge of wireless security - .1x, RADIUS, WPA2, EAP-TLS, PSK, general PKI concepts.
- Proficient in cloud-based software such as ServiceNow, AzureAD, Jira, Google Enterprise Applications, and Slack.
- Working knowledge of Ethernet standards (10BaseT, 100BaseT, Gigabit Ethernet) and structure cabling standards (TIA/EIA, Cat6, patch panels)
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the various pay transparency laws/acts, the base salary range is $70,000 to $85,000 plus opportunities for benefits (e.g., medical, dental), equity and discretionary bonuses. Compensation is dependent on geography and may vary.