Position: Managing Editor
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Detroit, MI, or remote for the right candidate
Benzinga's mission is to be a part of every investment decision made - from an individual investor’s first brokerage account to global fund managers. As a tech-enabled financial media platform, Benzinga content is now read by more than 50M people every month, but we are not satisfied. That's where you come in!
Benzinga has grown by over 250% the last 2 years, more than doubled the size of its team & recently announced majority-ownership by Beringer Capital, a private equity firm specializing in the rapidly evolving media, marketing services, commerce, data and technology sectors.
Our team of more than 100 is leveling the playing field for individual investors and is in the midst of a period of significant growth across editorial, analytics and events operations.
If business building alongside founders and leaders excites you, this position is for you!
The Managing Editor will be responsible for managing Benzinga’s content team and driving the development and refinement of Benzinga’s editorial voice. They’ll use analytical tools to monitor different aspects and build strategies to improve our content according to those results. The strategic Managing Editor will be growth- oriented and look at the business “through the windshield” rather than the rearview mirror.
What you’ll be doing:
- Helping to grow Benzinga’s authentic voice by keyword research, creating memorable content, keeping active social media, advertising, email newsletters, influencer outreach and more
- Adding new sections and new fast-growing markets creating new lines of content for Benzinga
- Ensure Benzinga is covering all relevant news of the day and that they are displayed correctly in order of priority
- Hiring and training new editors
- Overseeing the content creation process from writing through editing and publishing
- Managing a team of freelancers
- Being responsible for our analytical tools
- Plan and approve assignments for writers and editors
- Oversee proofreading procedures and edit copy when necessary
Stuff you need to get this gig:
- Proven experience as managing editor or relevant role
- Exceptional ability in copywriting and editing
- Abilities in planning and coordinating people and operations
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and people abilities
- Strong experience using analytics tools to drive business objectives
- Attention to detail