Root is seeking an experienced, performance driven marketing manager to lead our Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) program. This is a highly cross-functional position that requires someone skilled at strategic thinking, educating, influencing, and executing to hit aggressive marketing objectives and business results.
The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and technical expertise. This individual must excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and have a proven track of developing data based insights and recommendations to increase conversion rates across consumer facing websites, while simultaneously improving the user experience. This individual will be critical in helping Root achieve its aggressive growth targets.
What you'll do.
- Lead conversion rate optimization for Root’s consumer-facing websites and landing pages. Help concept, build, implement and manage a robust pipeline of optimization tests in partnership with internal teams and an outside partner(s), continuously improving conversion metrics and driving new customer acquisition. You will be responsible for ensuring that we are driving growth while delivering the best experience for our customers.
- Partner: Partner with Performance Marketing, Brand Marketing, Product, Marketing Analytics, and Engineering to identify and size opportunities to improve web conversion rates. Lead an internal cross-functional team and an outside vendor to develop a holistic roadmap and aggressive test and learn plan.
- Plan: Define the CRO plan and translate into an aligned operational plan and tactical roadmap that will drive growth across the business. Ensure cross functional partners are aligned and processes are in place to quickly deploy and implement winning tests.
- Execute: Ensure timely, high quality execution of the roadmap, with a rapid test and learn mindset to help you refine your approach over time. Rapidly implement winners, and optimize the test and learn plan based on past results.
- Analyze: Actively monitor and report on the performance across the CRO program. Socialize results via scorecards and executive reports. Continually optimize based on results while ensuring brand standards are applied and maintained across all properties.
What will help you be successful.
- 5+ years of experience in CRO, web strategy, digital marketing, marketing or similar.
- Proven CRO experience on a direct to consumer business with a track record of delivering aggressive business growth.
- Deep understanding of user experience best practices; proven ability to successfully partner across an organization including Analytics, Brand/Creative Marketing, Web Strategy, and Engineering to craft a holistic plan and roadmap.
- Ability to successfully scope and execute projects, with buy-in from a complex set of stakeholders.
- Understanding of how to gather data-driven insights from program performance and develop recommendations to drive continuous improvement in results.
- Expert collaborator and leader who thrives in cross-functional environments. Able to easily context switch based on audience, translate needs from one team to another, and influence stakeholders and leadership to achieve alignment.
- Excellent project management skills. Able to organize and coordinate cross-functional teams to deliver projects on time with high quality.
- Experience working with in-house and agency creative teams, with an ability to translate business marketing plans into clear and actionable creative requests.
- Comfortable getting your hands dirty and implementing programs from start-to-finish.
Who we are.
Root Insurance is the nation’s first licensed insurance carrier powered entirely by mobile. We were founded on the belief that the services you need for everyday life should serve you better. That’s why we base insurance coverages on you, not your demographic. It’s the way insurance should be. And it’s all conveniently in an app.
What draws people to Root.
We’re a venture-backed technology company. Our early success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building and promoting it. We look for individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and a highly analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy. For assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact. By challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration. We encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People. We are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.
Help by Sharing
Share this job with friends and family
Tip: Paste this link anywhere