Who we are
“Our supply chain lacks visibility!” – Every COO, VP of Supply Chain, Director of Operations, Logistics Manager, Plant Director…you get the picture.
Although that’s not quite accurate. In fact, most supply chains actually already have an overabundance of data. What they don’t have is actionable and contextual data that actually enables -- action.
In a supply chain world with no standards, PAXAFE bridges the trust gap between shippers, couriers and insurance providers by contextualizing data into meaning. We believe that the intersection between supply chain, technology and insurance is ripe for innovation. Because, the scariest notion in business: “we’ve always done it that way.”
What we do
PAXAFE predicts adverse events through the supply chain to de-risk B2B shipments and enable dynamic cargo insurance. By building ML models that properly diagnose and label excursions, PAXAFE is uniquely positioned to leverage more granular, contextualized data to accurately identify when, where and under which conditions future adverse events are likely to occur.
PAXAFE has developed an intelligence platform – CONTXT - that leverages telematics, third-party and ERP data to enable shippers, 3PLs / carriers and insurance providers the ability to intercept at-risk shipments, automate claim diagnosis and root cause analysis, and minimize future losses. PAXAFE’s platform decreases cargo loss while improving operational efficiencies.
As an ML Engineer - you geek out on data. You analyze large amounts of raw information to find patterns that will help improve customer operations. You will work closely with the Product, Engineering and Customer team to take new product initiatives from the white board to production. This role will require writing robust Python software code while applying best software practices to support machine learning scientists with data exploration, designing ML pipelines and API driven deployment of production-grade ML models to our AWS infrastructure.
- 3+ years of experience with Machine Learning, Software Engineering and Data engineering
- Working knowledge of machine learning and deep learning approaches (e.g. regression, clustering, classification, dimensionality reduction, boosting, etc.) and data analysis packages (pandas, numpy, sklearn etc.)
- Proficiency in Python/R and SQL. Experience with the AWS stack or other cloud computing technologies a plus
- 1+ years of actuarial experience (preferably cargo/shipping insurance) and e-commerce/carrier shipping is a plus.
- Ability to think out of the box and able to adapt to different domains with a self starter mindset.
Our benefits package is like a fine wine: it gets better with age. As PAXAFE evolves and continues to hit milestones, you’d better believe that our benefits package will consistently be the first upgrade. For starters, we offer:
- Unlimited PTO, Including Mandatory PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Comprehensive Benefits (health, dental, vision) - 100% Employer Covered
- Competitive Compensation Package + Stock Options
- Flexible and Hybrid Work From Home (WFH)
- Performance Bonus
- Premium Coffee & Snacks
- Supportive, committed team environment
PAXAFE is the world
PAXAFE stands for a culture of inclusion – just ask our Co-Founders, who each hail from India and Russia! We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more, PAXAFE is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.