APPLY HERE: https://grnh.se/80ad90874us
Title: Instructional Designer
Team: Client Success, Training
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Starting Pay Rate: $55k-$65k
At DocNetwork we believe that effective learning is paramount to our clients’ success. We are looking for a talented Instructional Designer with curriculum, course development, and video production skills. In this position, you will create new content and curriculum, update existing content and curriculum, and facilitate live and asynchronous learning, for our clients.
As we create a new team of training experts, this role is full of opportunity. Your help will be essential in crafting redesigned learning experiences for our end users. We have a vision of creating resources and engaging content that build a stronger network of youth-centric organizations.
Better knowledge = safer kids and we’re eager to get started!
DocNetwork, through the CampDoc and SchoolDoc platforms, provides innovative health and safety solutions to a diverse group of organizations, which include traditional day and residential camps, YMCAs, JCCs, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, parks and recreation facilities, colleges and universities, and K-12 public, private, and charter schools. Our suite of products integrate seamlessly to help ensure the health and safety of the participants for the organizations we serve.
Our team, headquartered in Ann Arbor, MI, is dedicated to our core value of “honest work” where our customers, our company, and our community win together. Delivering beyond expectations and an open posture toward growth enables our company and team to excel, while our social outings, team lunches, and a culture of fun and collaboration help us to bring our best selves to the challenges ahead.
With a full range of insurance benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, & Pet) plus additional perks to boot (401k with company match, Remote Work options, Flex Schedules, Professional Development Budgets, Volunteer Time Off, and much more!) we think you’ll love being a part of our team.
You Might Be a Good Fit For This Role If:
- You love all things learning; whether it’s the written word, a video tutorial, or a live workshop; you’re eager to dive in and help others grasp new concepts and ideas
- You want to produce learning content and you want to quickly get it in front of learners to assess its effectiveness
- You’re a creative self-starter who quickly identifies gaps in the learning process and who can propose solutions to bridge those gaps
- You love the rapid, unpredictable nature of a fast-growing tech company
- Work with internal team members to develop new learning materials based on client needs (eg - New videos, mini-courses, guided walkthroughs, online workshops)
- Identify opportunities to design resources that ease client pain points
- Work alongside Training Content Developer to ensure our clients have ample tools to help them successfully use our application
- Create tutorial videos and manage video library to ensure video content is helpful and up to date Facilitate live and asynchronous training sessions with clients
- Edit and standardize materials prepared by other team members
- Demonstrate proficiency in all areas of the CampDoc/SchoolDoc application
- Develop product knowledge expertise to support new product rollouts, revisions, and releases with new learning content
- Deliver and maintain customized product training content while working alongside the Client Success Team
Required Skills and Experience
- A MINIMUM of 1 year of experience designing and/or delivering software training materials is required
- Experience leading training in both in-person and online settings
- Prior experience working with an LMS is preferred
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- A team-oriented individual with the ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Excellent presentation abilities utilizing Zoom, Camtasia, Google Slides, and/or PowerPoint
- Demonstrated strategic problem-solving that looks beyond the immediate task and applies the best solution
Excited? We can’t wait to hear from you!
If you like what you’ve seen so far, we feel compelled to boast that:
- We’re 6x recipients of SPARK’s FastTrack Award.
- We have an office dog named Munki. He is soft and little.
- Our office pantry is stocked with delicious snacks.
- We made our boss a Paper Plate Award that says “You’re pretty cool” and it has frog stickers on it.
So throw your hat in the ring – we’d love to meet you!
DocNetwork is invested in creating an open environment of mindfulness, originality, and collaboration where team members can bring their whole selves to work. We are proud to partner with our diverse client base, supporting each organization, and the individuals who make up their communities. We believe that our success depends on our commitment to these values.
DocNetwork has adopted inclusive hiring practices including standardized interview questions, bias-recognition training, and casting wider recruitment nets to ensure that all have a place in our mission.