Position: At Root, the customer is at the heart of all we do. Our customer service team is the gateway to our customers and directly shapes both our customer experience and the product we’re building. We’re looking to add representatives to our Customer Service Team who will be instrumental in continually improving the customers' experience. The ideal candidate will exemplify Root’s long term mission for best in class customer support.
Shift: Monday - Friday 8:30am to 5pm Eastern Time.
What you’ll be doing.
- P&C Licensed Agent with ability to direct, manage and handle transactions financially impacting customers
- Receive inbound calls and foster a strong customer relationship by building rapport
- Leverage product capabilities with the customers needs
- Educate, advise, and consult potential customers on coverage choices
- Independently identify appropriate insurance products and coverage amounts to align with customer needs, goals and risk tolerance
- Create quote options based on customer needs and upselling coverage limits when able
- Meet and exceed monthly sales goals and metrics with minimal oversight and extensive discretion
- Recommend improvements to improve internal tools, product/app, marketing and overall product experience
- Provide support for technical and procedural information regarding Sales and Service
- Responsible for maintaining all ongoing continuing education for P&C license as it is required by the state
- Deliver consistent positive customer experience by promptly responding to customer inquiries in a timely, friendly and accurate manner
- Ability to independently operate and succeed in ambiguous situations
What we’re looking for.
- 1-2 years of sales or customer service experience, insurance background preferred
- P&C License (or willingness to obtain within 30 days of employment)
- Sales mentality with a desire and commitment to helping our customers
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume call environment
- Ability to handle responsibilities and assignments with limited oversight
- Excellent written/verbal communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be timely, patient, and attentive to customer needs and requests
- Friendly disposition with natural ability to read customers and use active listening to determine needs
- Willing to go the extra mile attitude
- Willingness to learn and ability to gain deep knowledge of the insurance product and smartphone app
- Detail oriented with affinity for multi-tasking
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suites