FULL-STACK SOFTWARE ENGINEER
The Signal Engineering Team is looking for a Full-Stack Software Engineer to join our team! You would be instrumental in delivering new features to the Signal Platform. Through collaboration with engineers, designers, and product managers, you will work within a scrum team to create solutions that deliver value to financial advisors. With a focus on user experience, you can shape the application layer of the Signal Platform by developing flexible APIs and reusable React components.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO
- Work with product managers, software architects, and designers to deliver functionality to the platform that is user-friendly and highly available
- Design and develop APIs in a microservices architecture
- Design and develop React components in a single-page-application architecture
- Manage infrastructure in cloud providers like AWS, Heroku, and GCP
- Be a champion for Agile principles and best practices
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR IN TEAM MEMBERS
We’re currently building out many new initiatives and programs. You’ll need to quickly ramp up and start executing. We talk a lot about strategy and high-level ideas, and you should be able to independently translate ideas into action, dig into the details, and make progress toward our team’s goals.
You’re someone that geeks out on processes and is a sucker for making sure things stay on track. The goal is to be meticulous enough for quality output but not meticulous to the point of indecision.
🌱 Growth Mindset
You believe that there are always opportunities to improve and learn, especially in the face of mistakes, failure, or setbacks. You see potential everywhere, and actively take steps to learn and grow.
You love building products, and you care about the details of creating a great user experience. You have an interest in the business use cases and the impact your work will have for users. You’ll work cross-functionally to create thoughtful and delightful experiences that help solve the retirement crisis in America.
🏆 Agile Champion
We’re an Agile development organization. You have experience working within Agile methodologies and are excited to advocate for Agile principles and best practices.
🏗 Engineering Experience & Passion
You’re committed to creating elegant, effective, and simple solutions to problems. You have experience with Node.js and TypeScript, and demonstrate competency in React.
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- 3+ years of Node.js and TypeScript development experience
- 2+ years of experience developing GraphQL APIs
- 1+ years experience with frontend frameworks (preferably React)
- Experience with GCP and AWS managed services like Cloud Run, Cloud Datastore, Lambda/Cloud Functions, and Firebase
- A good understanding of GraphQL and REST API design fundamentals
- Used tooling like curl and Postman to develop and diagnose issues with backend APIs
- A passion for Agile development and learning new technologies
- A user-experience mindset to help identify pain points for our users
NICE TO HAVES
- Salesforce.com development experience with Apex and Lightning Web Components
- Experience working at a Fintech and/or Insurtech company
- Experience in wealth management and/or asset management
- Used Terraform to provision services across cloud infrastructure
- Experience working with Kubernetes and GKE to host microservices and other programs
- Understanding of event-driven architecture
WHAT WE VALUE @ SIGNAL
🌔 We’re obsessed with finding a better way. Never settle for less.
💯 We own it. Taking things from 0 to 1, and then from 1 to 100.
🪄 We amaze every client, every time. A great company is built one client at a time.
🏃 We act with a sense of urgency. We use our best judgment to act urgently on the right things at the right time.
👀 We raise our level of awareness. Everything starts with awareness. We’re curious and alert to what is happening around us.
🏈 We find inches everywhere around us. There are thousands of opportunities to make an impact. We take those opportunities and act.
🧭 We do the right thing. Sticking to the highest standard of integrity is not optional.
💪 We have strong opinions, loosely held. It’s not about WHO is right, it’s about WHAT is right.