Full Stack Engineer
at Tonic (View all jobs)
We're seeking a talented, self-starting full-stack engineer capable of building out features from top to bottom for our data synthesis platform. At Tonic, you'll have the opportunity to help build out a product that is core infrastructure for organizations to use, analyze, and build upon their data while exploring new privacy and data techniques such as differential privacy, synthesizing new data, and creating small and effective subsets of production datasets. In addition, as an early member of our engineering team, you'll have many opportunities to forge our best practices, technical decisions, and create areas of ownership for yourself.
What You’ll Do:
- Attend customer meetings. Our product development is customer-centric. Expect to be on calls with customers, asking questions, getting feedback, and bouncing ideas around to come up with cool new features.
- Write your own specs. We are adding a lot of features at the moment, most of which come from our customers. We don’t always have a pixel-perfect spec for you to follow. You need to be responsible for getting inside the head of the customers and making decisions on what you think is the best way to deliver a new feature.
- Write a lot of code. Currently, our back-end is dotnet core and our front-end is React. Additionally, we have some small tools built-in Python.
- Fix bugs, improve our release process, and help in 100 other things that are crucial at a startup but might be taken for granted in larger more established companies.
What You’ll Bring:
- Expertise in an object oriented programming language such as C# or Java
- BS degree in Computer Science or similar technical field of study
- Self-starter with excellent communication skills, able to work independently with little direction
- Some things that will make you stick out:
- Deep knowledge of how Database Systems work
- Knowledge of statistics or experience with machine learning
- An eye for design and experience with UI/UX
Benefits We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Company equity
- Unlimited paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous parental leave policy
- 401k plan with employer contribution
- Remote-friendly work environment
Who We Are:
Tonic.ai mimics your production databases to create safe, high-quality, synthetic data to be used by your developers in their local environments. Thousands of developers use data generated with Tonic.ai daily to accelerate their CI/CD pipelines in industries as broad-ranging as healthcare, financial services, logistics, education, and e-commerce. Working with customers like eBay, Flexport, and Oscar, Tonic.ai has grown our business by 500% in the past 12 months. We are expanding our team to take us to the next level of growth — join us!