Gearsupply is the future of used, professional Audio-Visual equipment sales! Our start-up growth is fueled by our innovative “talent & tech” platform which streamlines the purchase and resale of equipment among the entertainment, concert, and event production industry. And we achieve environmental and social goals of the industry by extending the useful life of equipment and enabling global access to affordable, brand-name equipment.
We operate in an exciting, “work hard, play hard” industry, and our team members get exclusive, behind-the-scenes access into the organizations producing many of the largest concerts, festivals, and events. We work directly with the key decision-makers for event production companies and venues, including the LA Dodgers, MGM, Caesers, Solotech, Clearwing, and many more!
We are a fast-paced, ambitious start-up that will raise our first venture capital next quarter. We put the team above all else and believe culture is the strongest form of training. We are a technology-forward company that values adapting to challenges, testing new ideas, and evolving our platform to meet the needs of our industry. We’ve removed the red tape here, so things can get done quickly: if you see a problem, solve it!
We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our past, present, and future success. If you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you!
Aside from working in an exciting, rapidly growing environment, where every member of the team makes a difference - We show our commitment to the team by providing roughly 30 days of PTO, full health benefits, life insurance, and one day a week of work-from-home.
Manage the bookkeeping, ERP development and upkeep, and inventory tracking and processing.
- Oversee finance and accounting processes for inventory management, reconciliation, sales, and returns/credits.
- Establish/update inventory and financial management processes as well as related infrastructure (e.g. accounting systems, ERP) to enable scalability of operations.
- Oversee monitoring, tracking and compliance of contracts. Develop pricing guidelines, pricing rates and proposal pricing strategies.
- Manage a team of 1-2 staff as well as oversee hiring for all logistics and accounting needs.
- Oversee the logistics team in; A. working with freight carriers to provide best and most cost-effective shipping services and B. maintain a shipping claims rate of under 5% (lost freight, damaged freight, extra charges, etc.)
- Develop and implement profitability management and measurement processes, including unit costs, customer lifetime value, customer acquisition costs, merchant profitability and expense control.
- Deliver process, technical and cost improvements through studying economic functional trends, analyzing organization operations, and planning and executing improvement plans, including budget. Advi, cost reduction, and systems enhancement; and accumulating capital to fund expansion.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Significant experience with MS Office and ERP systems
- Experience implementing, managing, and using sophisticated accounting ERP systems.
- The ability to impact and collaboratively lead a diverse stakeholder group ranging from the executive leaders, internal teams, partners, merchants, and customers.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills with the ability to communicate solution value propositions to the ELT and wider teams.
- Understanding of the credit, payments, eCommerce, Banking and B2B markets.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to coach, grow and influence others in a highly fast-paced and diverse environment in terms of organizational culture, experience and seniority.
- Initiative, persistence, an entrepreneurial spirit, and energy with the desire to be part of a fast-growth start-up environment.
- Self starter - goal oriented and self-motivated. Comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment.
Our industry and business have excellent growth potential for team members who demonstrate resiliency and initiative. If you have the curiosity and grit to grow with us, come join our team!