KLA is a global leader in diversified electronics for the semiconductor manufacturing ecosystem. Virtually every electronic device in the world is produced using our technologies. No laptop, smartphone, wearable device, voice-controlled gadget, flexible screen, VR device or smart car would have made it into your hands without us. KLA invents systems and solutions for the manufacturing of wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. The innovative ideas and devices that are advancing humanity all begin with inspiration, research and development. KLA focuses more than average on innovation and in 2019 we invested 15% of sales back into R&D. Our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers work together with the world’s leading technology providers to accelerate the delivery of tomorrow’s electronic devices. Life here is exciting and our teams thrive on tackling really hard problems. There is never a dull moment with us.
The Executive Communications Manager will work side-by-side with the leadership team of KLA's Global Support & Services organization to develop strategic messaging and content strategies that help them deliver their messaging to stakeholder audiences including customers, investors, employees and prospective employees. This is a team leadership role that requires an ability to learn technical information and soundly recommend how to make that technical information resonate for an average consumer. The role will utilize strong communications experience, writing, design and presentation skills. The leader will need to be able to think critically, strategically and creatively and be able to provide strategic counsel to the senior leadership team. that requires an ability to learn technical information and soundly recommend how to make that technical information resonate for an average consumer. The role will utilize strong communications experience, writing, design and presentation skills. The leader will need to be able to think critically, strategically and creatively and be able to provide strategic counsel to the senior leadership team.
This role is a part of the KLA Global Communications leadership team and will collaborate across the function to provide information and recommendations for creative content and strategic communications execution including media relations, executive thought leadership and targeted owned-content strategies for the company's KLA Advance site.
The role has one direct report and will require oversight of communications support for the KLA Instruments line of business, which is part of the Global Support and Services organization.
Job responsibilities of the Executive Communications Manager include:
- Leading product marketing groups to concise, clear, top-level and supporting messaging that focuses on value to customers or stakeholders in the context of the competitive environment
- Creating visually powerful slide decks that convey product and solution messages simply, cleanly and artistically for customers, conference attendees, editors and analysts
- Crafting a strategic messaging framework for the organization that can be utilized by critical groups including Investor Relations
- Providing counsel on creative execution of demand generation campaigns
- Strategic counsel on all aspects of communications for the organization EVP and direct staff
- Drafting social media posts in support of the business priorities
- Drafting scripts for product videos
- BS in communications, marketing, journalism or a related subject matter
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience in c-suite executive counsel
- Interest in design and innovating methods for showcasing complex technologies
- Proficient with Microsoft PowerPoint and Word
- Organized and skilled at managing multiple concurrent projects to deadline
- Team-oriented, self-motivated
- Team Management
- Understanding and experience with modern communications strategies and channels
- Semiconductor professional with knowledge of KLA’s products and business, from previous work on an engineering or marketing team at KLA, at a semiconductor company or another semiconductor equipment company
Experience with strategic social media programs and execution, senior leadership strategic counsel, team management, ability to learn technical topics and execute relevant communications strategies to support business objectives.
We offer a competitive, family friendly total rewards package. We design our programs to reflect our commitment to an inclusive environment, while ensuring we provide benefits that meet the diverse needs of our employees.
KLA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.