The Bankrate team at Red Ventures is looking for a highly technical, result-oriented, and innovative Engineering Manager to lead an engineering team responsible for monetization and ad tech. We are looking for a collaborative leader who will understand our people, business, technology, and customers' needs. This individual will help drive our culture of empowerment, ownership, and accountability to help develop our team technically and professionally. Identify and successfully implement improvements in our engineering processes, tools, and architecture to enable us to deliver on our key initiatives.
What You'll Do:
- Drive the improvement of our broad portfolio of websites, services, and platform capabilities across technology teams while working in tandem with other business and functional leaders. We maintain a tight loop between development, deployment, and feedback, which allows us to build world-class solutions for the business, marketing and data challenges of our partners.
- Serve as a player and a coach to a number of engineers as direct reports. You possess the capability to push your team’s abilities in growing them individually and as a unit, while also remaining hands on yourself in determining the architecture and tools to be used in development.
- You can make both technical and non-technical decisions and ensure that organizational security policies and procedures are implemented and enforced.
- You will play a key role in developing the strategy and culture of our 30+ team member business organization.
- Autonomy – Aspiring entrepreneurs succeed here because you will have full-ownership over your work from beginning to end.
- Collaborate – Better than making the dream work, teamwork makes the code work. Through open work-space, Slack and peer reviews, our teams work together to build amazing solutions.
- Innovate – With the belief that “Everything is Written in Pencil”, we encourage our teams to test new frameworks, learn new languages and challenge the “status quo” to make us better.
What We're Looking For:
- Experience leading engineering teams (preferably full stack development) and playing a role in evolving processes and workflows for a minimum of 3 years.
- 5+ years of experience with GoLang, Java, C# or other similar strongly typed programming language is required.
- 5+ years of experience with relational and unstructured databases is required.
- 5+ years of Experience with architecting and maintaining scalable software services.
- Experience working in agile environments with cross-functional delivery teams.
- Experience in DevOps culture, including familiarity with automated testing, continuous delivery, and infrastructure as code.
- Familiarity with public cloud offerings such as AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Experience leading software engineering teams or serving as a technical lead within an organization; experience managing remote teams is a plus.
- A leader with the ability to cultivate technical talent, and encourage the creation of reusable, scalable code.
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solvers who love to challenge themselves.
- Personal commitment to being great people to work with and for every day.
Who We Are:
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.