Excited about getting an innovative news media site's content in front of millions of discerning readers? Interested in making Detroit a hub for innovative technology? Do you have a fire in your belly that can't be tamed? If so, you've found the right place.
We are looking for someone who can lead a talented financial news desk and mastermind content growth initiatives that always cover trending news, break impactful stories, and position our content to go viral, show up first on Google, and change the way people consume financial news. We would like you to have 7+ years' experience leading editorial teams in an online publishing environment.
What you'll do:
- Directly manage our editorial leadership team.
- Determine the audience, voice, and purpose of Benzinga.com and communicate your vision clearly to the team.
- Inspire editors and producers to excel at story structure, source-development, and story selection.
- Anticipate, communicate, and adjust resource needs to serve our audiences.
- Identify internal talent to cultivate and external talent to hire.
- Understand how to shape the overall voice of the website in a noisy and intense culture.
- Guide teams to make difficult and important editorial choices - when to lean into editorial risk and when to turn away, what to publish and what to pass on, etc.
- Provide perspective and work alongside Benzinga's CEO to coordinate strategy. Collaborate with internal resources and stakeholders to solve project specific workflows and bottlenecks.
- Work with Benzinga's marketing & lead generation team to execute on communication plans.
What you'll bring:
- An obsession with news and how it affects the lives of our readers.
- Strong management experience and experience building inclusive teams for a high-growth, fast-paced organization.
- Passion for Benzinga.com's content and approach to audience and community.
- A collaborative, detail-oriented work style.
- Must be a master of traffic analytics tools like Google Analytics and Parse.ly