Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is a Customer Advocate?
Customer Advocates (CAs) are the face of Clearcover to our customers. They help customers purchase insurance, change their insurance policies, and more. Our CAs are empathetic, friendly, passionate people who love connecting with and helping others. They have a sixth sense for interpreting customer concerns and an enthusiasm for addressing them. Clearcover CAs remain calm under pressure, thrive on the challenge of turning frowns upside-down, and have a passion for creating lifelong customer relationships. Going above and beyond for a customer is our CAs’ standard mode of operation, which has empowered Clearcover to drive customer satisfaction that far exceeds the P&C insurance industry standard.
For this role, we're looking for someone who is already P&C licensed and looking to join a fast-paced, exciting startup culture.
What will you do?
- Fanatically monitor and reply to live product feedback, problems, and questions via phone, email, and chat
- Provide expert customer service that transforms Clearcover customers (including really frustrated ones) into brand evangelists
- Identify and assess customers’ needs through relatively unstructured interaction
- Handle customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives, and follow up to ensure resolution
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customers through open and interactive communication
- Contribute to process and product information in the team's Knowledge Base
- Keep records of customer interactions, process customer accounts, and file documents
- Deliver on Clearcover’s promise to our customers by actually solving their problems (also paying attention to a few service level guidelines and policies)
- Analyze in-process product changes and suggest modifications based on your user expertise
What do you need?
- P&C insurance license
- Proven customer support/success experience or experience as a client service representative and track record of providing excellent customer care
- Strong active listening skills; able to communicate clearly through phone conversations
- Excellent grammar and writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand and translate insurance information to the average person
- Familiarity with CRM & support systems and practices
- Demonstrated ability to remain friendly under pressure and resilient to negativity
- Demonstrated ability to balance the needs of the customer with the needs of the business
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- BA/BS in English, Communication, or comparable work experience
- A tactful, timely sense of humor is also a must. We’re getting funnier but we can still be funnier-er