Guideline is looking for a Staff Data Engineer to join our growing Data team. You will help all departments - Engineering, Product, Finance, Sales and Customer Experience - understand their data and use it to drive the future of our business. As a key member of a small but growing org, you’ll help drive business decisions and increase the effectiveness of the team members around you.
Guideline wants everyone to arrive at a safe, secure retirement, whether you’re a small business owner, an employee, or self-employed. Our platform leverages technology to take the complexity and doubt out of retirement planning. The first product we launched was Guideline 401(k), which now has over 20,000 clients and has saved Americans over 4.5 billion dollars to date. Now, the team is utilizing our latest round of funding to broaden the functionality of our core product and expand into new products so that everyone can invest in their financial future with confidence.
- Work closely with a collaborative group of data analysts, data scientists and other cross-functional teams to empower data-driven decision-making.
- Build and manage data pipelines, design and architect databases (traditional sql/no-sql)
- Engage with internal teams to prototype and validate tools developed in-house to derive insight and automate complex algorithms, at scale and compliant to retirement plan regulations
- Identify, adopt and improve frameworks, policies and tools to streamline the development process from prototyping to production
- Lead and mentor others and scope out company-wide impactful projects in your area of expertise
What we’re looking for
- A degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience in a similar role
- Expert in at least one coding language (Python, Scala, etc.) and SQL
- Proven knowledge of Data Warehousing and Data Modeling, including performance and scaling
- Proficient at running and operating a modern production environment using AWS/GCP, Kubernetes, Docker, REST APIs and similar technologies
We understand that not everyone will be experts in all of these areas on Day One. We value individuals with grit and a growth mindset and will consider someone with the fundamentals who is willing to learn and further their skill set.
Guideline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.