Blue Wheel is one of Inc. Magazines 2020 fastest-growing private companies in the US. We can attribute much of that growth to our digital marketing and advertising capabilities, and our amazing track record of success for our clients.
Ahhh. Yes. The art of running a communications department. You know this like the back of your hand. How does a company take its incredible information, 1st party data, newsworthy stats and statements, and get it out there in the world? Well, you know, because that’s why you’re reading this.
Our ideal candidate has a proven record of successfully building and executing partner marketing and communications programs, ideally in an agency setting. This person will create and oversee all aspects of a partner marketing program, which you’ve done before (like a movie you’ve seen 5 times over).
Relationship building is the name of the game. The name of your game. Our Communications & Partnerships Manager will be responsible for forming, building, and strengthening relationships with key strategic partners, media/press, awards organizations and more.
Working in company marketing, you will treat Blue Wheel as your client, and above all, you will Organize, Conquer & Deliver. This role will report to the VP of Marketing.
In the 1st month, you will…
- Immerse yourself in BW’s culture, team and product.
- Establish and cultivate positive relationships with key decision-makers.
- Familiarize yourself with who Blue Wheel is, why we are unique & different and what our company marketing strategy and goals are.
- Begin to develop a strategic birds-eye view of your communications strategy
Sharpen your skills in Month 2 by…
- Supporting the marketing team by helping facilitate and coordinate all existing events and strategic partnerships including virtual webinars, tradeshows, conferences and more.
- Begin securing interviews and speaking engagements, including developing content themes, talking points; Working with the team to refine and position awards submissions.
- Finalize your communications and partner marketing strategy to support overall company and marketing objectives; inclusive of defining objectives and specific KPIs and success metrics.
Execute in Month 3 by...
- Starting to implement and execute on your approved strategy; Tracking communication priorities and accomplishments and measuring the effectiveness of communications efforts.
- Developing messaging for media relations, publication releases, events, and other projects.
- Responding to press inquiries; Performing outreach to establish new media and PR relationships. Secure media placements on an ongoing basis.
- Developing/tracking pipeline of engagements, research/cultivate new opportunities (inbound requests and proactive outlook), and continually build/maintain relationships with key contacts.
- Evaluating agency relations, analyst alliances, and consultants.
- Monitoring media landscape, news cycle, and editorial calendars to identify opportunities for promoting BW and its experts, cases, and materials and disseminating press releases, media advisories, public statements, articles, thought leadership materials and more.
- Ensuring the Blue Wheel brand is being upheld both internally and externally, and that all messaging is consistent and accurately represents the company’s values, objectives and offerings.
- Staying ahead of marketing and media trends and contributing new innovative breakthrough ideas that help showcase the company and its partners.
- Liaising between the VP of Marketing and partners.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 8 years + experience managing digital marketing programs, with proven results in digital strategy and paid advertising within the e-commerce space.
- 4 years + experience in an agency environment preferred
- Must have experience implementing, managing and executing digital campaigns as main point of contact organic and paid, search and social experience required.
- Strong interest in, and understanding of, the changing media landscape, with an in-depth understanding of digital. Bonus points for Amazon Advertising knowledge!
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to network, speak publicly and foster/maintain relationships across multiple businesses and organizations.
- Must be extremely polished, professional and organized in order to build and manage external partnerships on behalf of the company.
- Must be able to understand complex environments and projects, pay attention to details and maintain an organized workflow.
- Excellent planning, project and time management, and decision-making skills with the ability to self-manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated project management skills and proven ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, and Teams).
- Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on teamwork and the ability to foster/maintain relationships across multiple businesses and organizations.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills preferred.
- Ambitious and motivated - You Have to Want What’s Next!