Hush is the most comprehensive digital privacy protection available anywhere.
Why did we create Hush? It bothers us that someone’s digital profile, in the wrong hands, can be weaponized against that person and their family members. So we decided to put our knowledge and experience to use empowering families to take back control of their digital privacy. We show clients their entire digital footprint and help them control the information. That way, they leave only what they want others to see and know.
We believe in a world where the internet unlocks human potential instead of preying on it.
Does this mission resonate with you? Are you ready for a challenging opportunity with a start-up that’s changing the face of the internet? If so, we want to hear from you!
Business Development Representative
Hush is currently hiring a Business Development Representative to join our team. This person will seek out and qualify new business opportunities by developing relationships with potential customers. We are looking for candidates who are true self-starters and can work well in an entrepreneurial environment.
The ideal candidate must have outstanding communications skills, both verbal and written, attention to detail, and experience driving business through calling and email. If you are motivated, results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you!
Location We will consider remote candidates for this role, however preference will be given to candidates based in Detroit-metro area open to working with our team in the Detroit office in a remote/in-person hybrid arrangement.
- Generate new leads, identify and contact decision-makers, screen potential business opportunities, as well as lead and facilitate sales pitches
- Achieve sales goals by assessing client needs and following sales process with potential buyers, including demos and presentations
- Identify appropriate prospects, set appointments, make effective qualifying sales calls
- Perform prospecting activities such as cold calling and networking
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market using emails, phone calls, etc.
- Execute lead generation programs to drive net-new revenue opportunities
- Employ established sales strategy designed to push beyond gatekeepers, delivering tailored messaging that engages key decision makers
- Act as the face of Hush, demonstrating and communicating an extensive knowledge of our service offerings creatively and effectively
- Build long-term, trusting relationships with prospects and clients
- Connect warm prospective clients with Sales Executives to generate new business opportunities
- Consistently meet quarterly/annual SQL and opportunity goals
- Report weekly, monthly, and quarterly metrics to multiple stakeholders
- 1+ years of high-volume sales experience is required in insurance, financial services, security, or technology.
- Excel and CRM (e.g. Salesforce, Hubspot) experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to think strategically
- Positive, determined attitude
- Experience with multiple sales techniques, including cold calling and objection management
- Demonstrated success in reaching decision makers and quickly determining a qualified sales opportunity
- Track record of achieving sales quota
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- SaaS experience a plus
OTE= 70k USD (Base salary $55K, Commission $15K+)
Why Should You Apply?
- You want to work with a team of experienced entrepreneurs with great financial backers to build a great company.
- You love an entrepreneurial environment that’s focused on building great products and having a positive impact on society.
- You’re curious about or already passionate on the subject of data privacy.