About Signal Advisors
Signal Advisors is a venture-backed, tech-enabled insurance distributor. We help independent financial advisors grow their business in various ways, through technology, financing, peer-to-peer coaching, marketing, and much more. In August 2020, we came out of stealth mode and have become the country's fastest-growing annuity distributor.
At Signal Advisors, our team is 'obsessed with finding a better way' in everything we do. It's this same entrepreneurial spirit that drives our independent financial advisors to build great businesses. Whether we're building world-class software or delivering expert analysis on complex insurance strategies, it's our people that make the difference.
We are looking to expand our smart, optimistic, and hardworking team. If you like to think differently while driving change in a vast sector like financial services, then we have an opportunity for you, and we would love to chat! Hope to meet you soon!
We are seeking a Backend Software Engineer that can create and manage cutting edge APIs and serverless computing resources for the Signal Advisors platform. Our vision is to create an industry leading microservices platform on GCP and AWS to quickly deliver resilient scalable software for a quickly growing financial services business. By creating a focus on building reliable APIs and 3rd party integrations, we can deliver value for internal teams and external clients alike.
We look to accomplish this vision using Google Kubernetes Engine, Terraform, and Google Cloud Functions to quickly create APIs and software features for our Independent Financial Advisor platform. These services handle sensitive business data in a secure fashion and help expose functionality like paying commissions, encrypting documents, or sending notifications. Experience in the financial services sector is desired, but not required.
A backend software engineer would work with architects and site reliability engineers to deliver functionality to the platform that is well documented and highly available. They would also be responsible for identifying potential 3rd party integrations that could streamline backend feature delivery. An ideal candidate would be able to take ownership of the platform and look to continuously improve our services and integrations to create a best-in-class platform.
- Work with the Signal Advisors product team to design backend services in a scalable highly available way
- Design and develop HTTP APIs in a microservices architecture
- Document APIs to enable quick consumption from multiple clients
- Collaborate with technical and non-technical team members to quickly implement software features
- Manage backend infrastructure in GCP and AWS
- Ensure observability across backend systems to enable quick debugging and diagnosis of issues
- Take ownership of backend systems and recommend updates to continually conform to the best practices of a microservices-based environment
- Experienced with GCP and AWS managed services like Cloud Run, Cloud Datastore, Lambda/Cloud Functions, and Firebase
- Good understanding of node.js, Typescript, and asynchronous server-side software
- Able to use terraform to provision services across cloud platforms
- A good understanding of API design fundamentals
- Comfortable using tooling like curl and postman to develop and diagnose issues with backend APIs
- Ideal candidates will have 2+ years experience working with Kubernetes and GKE to host microservices and other programs
- Understanding of event-driven architecture is a plus
- Understanding of relational databases and document databases is a plus
- Experience with OpenAPI or other API design and documentation tools a plus