Apply here: https://careers.msu.edu/en-us/job/506292/academic-specialist-businessmarketing-mentor
Michigan State University is looking to bring highly motivated and diverse mentors with industry and/or academic experience to the Apple Developer Academy. Successful candidates need to be critical thinkers in a fast-paced, flexible environment, and work with the mentor team to create new learning experiences for students in the Apple Developer Academy and associated Foundations Program.
DESCRIPTION: The ideal candidate has industry experience in today’s fast-paced business environment and/or background teaching business and marketing courses. The candidate is skilled and knowledgeable in strategy services, consumer behavior and marketing processes. They must also bring experience and some expertise in teaching, coaching, or mentoring individuals from diverse backgrounds. The candidate must be open to learning and exploring new pedagogical models, and the candidate will be expected to learn alongside students. They will be expected to work with an extended team to build a strong collection of high-quality inclusive teaching practices and materials, including creating technical solutions for in-house use by students and mentors of the Apple Developer Academy and Foundation programs.
- Provide mentorship to students
- Review student deliverables and provide constructive feedback
- Continuously develop own skills and learn with/from colleagues
- Share personal expertise with others
- Occasional evening meetings with teams outside of the Detroit Academy
- Openness to international business travel for professional development, training or collaboration engagements.