REMOTE Contract - After-Hours Data Analytics & Engineering Instructor (5:30 - 10 p.m. EST, Mon., Wed. Thurs.)
At Grand Circus, we train students for jobs in the fastest-growing tech companies. We know that anyone can be a developer, so we’re passionate about educating individuals pursuing a career transition in coding and other skills that lead to high-growth careers. Come make a huge impact with us as our Data Analytics & Engineering Instructor!
WHAT DOES AN INSTRUCTOR DO?
Grand Circus instructors help change students’ lives by sharing their developer skills and expertise. Instructors work closely with students and a team of Grand Circus teaching assistants, program managers, the Bootcamp Delivery Manager, and the Director of Learning to ensure that students have all of the technical skills they need to be career-ready at the end of their bootcamp. Instructors are responsible for the technical know-how of their students; it is the role of the instructor to help students get the Data Analytics & Engineering and Python skills that they will need not just to truly be successful on the job, but to be enthusiastic contributors to the tech community overall.
In action, this means that instructors are responsible for:
- Sharing a passion and enthusiasm for software development
- Leading daily classroom activities; everything from technical lectures, to labs, to review sessions, to project demos
- Providing real-world examples and technical context for lessons to help students learn in a rapidly changing environment
- Providing timely and helpful feedback to students in the classroom and responding to inquiries on community channels
- Building a supportive classroom environment for all learners
- May need to adjust material and examples to adapt to student and/or employer needs, under the guidance of the Curriculum Manager and Director of Learning
- Collaborate with other members of the Grand Circus team–program managers, curriculum managers, teaching assistants, and the Director of Learning–about student progress and classroom needs
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We’re looking for a new instructor who…
- Can demonstrate advanced knowledge of data analytics and engineering, and Python (through work experience, schooling, technical assessment, or all three!)
- Has 2 or more years of professional software development experience
- Communicates complicated programming concepts in beginner-friendly language
- Is passionate about mentoring and/or teaching
- Cares deeply about the community
- Obsesses about preparation and organization
- Is open to giving and receiving feedback
- Can handle the fast pace and quick changes of startup life
It would be awesome if our new instructor also…
- Has a degree in Computer Science
- Has 3 - 5 years of teaching experience
- Has work experience in software development with relevant technologies
- Experience working within an LMS
SO, WHAT ARE THE PERKS?
There are a lot of wonderful things to say about being a Grand Circus teaching assistant. It’s hard to beat the feeling that accompanies alumni reaching out to tell you they landed a great new job because of what you taught them. It’s also hard to beat that warm-and-fuzzy feeling that happens when you see it finally click for a student. It also doesn’t hurt that you’re essentially shaping the minds of an army of newbie developers. Want even more? Check out our careers page, plus…
- Competitive compensation
- Regular feedback for instructional growth
- Opportunities to grow as an instructor
HOW TO APPLY:
If this position sounds right for you, we’re so excited to meet you! Email careers AT grandcircus.co with the subject line “After Hours Data Engineering Teaching Assistant – Remote” and your answers to the following questions:
- What experiences in your life make you uniquely qualified for this position?
- One of Grand Circus’ core values is “anyone can be a developer.” What does this mean to you?