Floyd is changing the way people buy, keep, and enjoy furniture. Our products are designed in-house and are built around the idea that well-designed furniture should be accessible, long lasting, and simple. We create innovative products that challenge the common convention of furniture and, as a digitally native brand, the experience of buying it. In fact, in 2021 we were named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Design Companies, sharing the list with Adidas and Google. We’re venture-backed and growing fast!
We don’t just make furniture — we care about the environment and all who inhabit it. We believe people who are part of this organization make our business what it is. We are actively pursuing people who will add to and evolve our culture because we know when folks from different backgrounds get in a room together, we make magic. We’re building an inspiring and inclusive place where people can work and grow…so we can make really great products.
Where You Come In
Our people are who we are at Floyd. Our team of over 50 people designs, builds, markets, and distributes our products, supporting each other along the way. We strive to build a culture and environment at Floyd where everyone is valued and supported to do their best work, while showing up as their authentic selves with a passion to get the work done.
As our Head of People, you are passionate about rolling up your sleeves to unlock the highest performance possible at Floyd from its people—whether this means clearing roadblocks, adapting and scaling systems, or having the tough conversation. You will oversee everything People related, and therefore have the opportunity to shape Floyd’s organization and culture by creating systems and processes that support, develop, and inspire our talented team to be their best. If you’re passionate about people and excited to roll up your sleeves, we want to hear from you!
What You'll Do
- Oversee and implement a range of people & culture systems to support onboarding and offboarding, learning and development, retention and engagement, ED&I, compensation and benefits, among others.
- Keep employee well-being top-of-mind, maintaining an understanding of general satisfaction and proactively making changes as needed
- Manage all internal communication related to people matters, ensuring our team is informed and engaged
- Partner with the leadership team to define organizational structure and hiring plan.
- Manage and grow a small team that supports ED&I, engagement, and office space.
- Step in and own conflict resolution where necessary.
- Work closely with hiring managers to optimize recruiting and onboarding process
- Manage compensation strategy and adapt it to evolving business context
- Support organizational and space planning within our Detroit HQ, ensuring the team has the tools to be productive and efficient
- Own and improve performance management process and systems
- Develop and administer people policies, including all official documentation
- Manage employee relationships and any personnel issues that may arise
This Might Describe You
- 10+ years experience in Human Resources
- Additional experience in areas such as people operations, ED&I, talent management, or learning and development is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in a Leadership role operating in a fast paced environment that is scaling
- Experience helping to build and scale a company is preferred
- Familiarization with Objectives and Key Results (OKR) and review cycles
- Deep knowledge of HR related protocols and reporting procedures, and experience with regulatory compliance
- Ability to influence and empower others to adopt new people systems and policies
- Comfortable making tough decisions
- Extremely organized — your friends and family know you for your planning & execution
- A great listener with top-notch verbal and written communication skills
- High regard for confidentiality and sensitive information
- Strong sense of initiative and bias for action
- Able to thrive in a fast-moving and constantly evolving environment
- Recognize the importance of fun, humor, and humility in creating a top notch working environment
- Competitive pay
- Health coverage
- Equity in a high-growth, venture-backed company
- 401k with employer match
- Flexible PTO and Paid Parental Leave
- Relocation provided, as necessary
- Amazing mission-driven work culture