This is a full-time role in Chicago, IL or Detroit, MI
SpotOn is a fast-growing Point-of-Sale, marketing, loyalty, sales, and reputation tracking platform that helps customers check in to earn rewards at their favorite local businesses using our web, mobile phone, and tablet products. Business owners can use data generated by these check-ins, as well as sales data, to reach out and connect with their customers, and manage their online reputation, and experience the benefits of loyal, returning customers.
As a Software Engineer at SpotOn, you’ll be tasked with working alongside a strong team of backend, full-stack and frontend engineers to build component-based web software, using modern best practices and a “Keep It Seriously Simple” approach where possible. We are currently growing and expanding into new verticals, you will have a chance to build brand new functions and features on our product line.
If this describes you…
- Professional experience using React as a framework
- A deep understanding of object-oriented programming
- Experience and Familiar with the Node.js ecosystem
- Component-based architecture
- One-way data flow
- Asynchronous programming (callbacks, promises, async/await)
- Transpilation and source maps * Bonus points: you can MacGyver together some survival level (or better) Python to feed your frontend with data.
- Mega bonus points: You have published NPM modules
… then here’s a bit about what we have to offer!
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401K with company match
- Flexible hours
- Casual dress code
- Kitchen stocked with drinks and snacks
SpotOn is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law.