Position: Business Lead, Affiliate & SEO
Location: Detroit, MI / Remote
Benzinga's mission is to be a part of every investment decision made, from people's first brokerage account to global fund managers. Benzinga content is now read by more than 50M people every month, but we are not satisfied. That's where you come in!
Benzinga is looking for an Affiliate Business Lead to take charge and build Benzinga’s affiliate marketing, SEO, and lead gen business unit. If business building alongside founders and leaders excites you, this position is for you! As the Affiliate Business Lead, your goal will be to establish, implement, and optimize strategy around developing editorial built to drive Benzinga’s audience to purchase products from our Affiliate Partners. You will drive identifying opportunities for our brand, establishing the right creative treatments for said opportunities, and working with our Content and Analytics teams to improve traffic, conversion rates, and optimize for revenue.
We’re looking for someone who has grown media businesses before and is looking to leverage their expertise to scale our performance marketing program and partnerships. This role will require you to build & execute strategy, initiate growth tactics and build strategic partnerships. The position is not just a typical job--the ideal candidate must want to form relationships, solve problems, and always find a way to accomplish our goals.
This role will give you significant experience in fintech and the media industry at the same time. If fintech is new to you, our founder Jason Raznick is a pioneer in the industry – Merriam Webster quoted him.
If you are known for your execution and feel you can out-execute anyone, this could be the ideal role.
Work Schedule: Full Time
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead the expansion and growth of Benzinga’s Affiliate Marketing business.
- Manage the team and process required to build and scale a successful affiliate program.
- Identify, build, and manage performance marketing opportunities working with the lead generation and content team.
- Identify opportunities to upsell and cross-sell partners into multiple paid content streams
- Lead cross-brand affiliate initiatives such as implementing robust reporting and moving into new content mediums.
- Forge new partnerships and strengthen existing ones. Negotiate with clients and partners on behalf of Benzinga.
- Other duties as needed or required.
Stuff you need to get this gig:
- Minimum 4-5 years experience in Affiliate Marketing practices for a publisher or media company
- Deep knowledge and understanding of available Affiliate Marketing networks & Affiliate Programs or major US & Int’l retailers
- Familiarity with Affiliate Analytics Platforms
- Knowledge of the latest trends on how to use all digital & media platforms as a content distributor
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and high-energy environment; comfortable collaborating with the social media team and video and editorial teams
- Enthusiastic and goal-driven with the ability to proactively follow-up and follow-through on all projects
- Basic knowledge around the standard web/social measurement products including Google Analytics; Chartbeat; CrowdTangle; Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat, and Instagram Insights.
- Understanding of digital/social media audience behavior and traffic growth strategies
- Understanding of paid digital & social syndication products, looking for opportunities to arbitrage
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail and extremely organized
Help by Sharing
Share this job with friends and family
Tip: Paste this link anywhere